I hate winter

a_iver

Tauntor
Reaction score
So I get home from Mexico, mildly excited because there's no snow and it's about 30-40 degrees out (which is really pretty good for us in March).

Today. Got up an hour early so I can get gas and stop at the bank...

Look outside...

A giant made kerplowie on our windows. Seriously. Snow everywhere

So I thought... hey I'm an hour early if I skip the bank, and just get gas I might(?) be able to get there on time right?

"SON OF A MONKEY'S NICKLE!!!!" I exclaimed as I stepped in a foot and a half of snow.. I thought maybe I might be able to make it to the class if the highways are plowed so if I can just make it there...

20 minutes later... not a car in sight. The occasional truck and even more rare minivan passes by a normally quite busy road. THE *&#*&%$#*&ing PLOWS HAVE NOT COME ON THE MAIN ROADS YET.. it's around 9erish so i'm a bit perturbed. I can see about 20 feet ahead of me courtesy of the falling snow and associated raging wind of death.

I plan on turning around. I can't stop.. we'll try the next intersection.. which i found out later was a new development that no one lives on.

I GET STUCK IN THE FREAKING SNOW

reverse.forward.reverse.forward.shovelshovel.reverse.forward.rinserepeat.shovelshovel

So I call my sister and grandpa for help and eventually they do.. after about an hours worth of trial and error in the wind and snow and my pants caked in snow.

drivehome.STUCK. a fricken 7 feet from my driveway. of course i was turning so i was right in the center of our lovely intersection diagonally blocking both lanes and then some.

lousy morning <_<

Yeah I skipped school today cuse of all this snow we got. I'll take some pics to show people what we have to deal with Anthony.

I KNOW!!! it sucks. i'm moving to panama <_<

Originally posted by Bloodlessr@Mar 13 2006, 01:46 PM

My car is basically stuck.
I know y'all don't wanna hear it but that is really pretty. It's 75 and cloudy here, which may sound great to everyone else but to me it means Open Window Season is over and Stinky Sweaty Summer should be here in about a week.

Sorry bout being stuck like chuck though.

Garret did someone die?

Originally posted by dascoot+Mar 13 2006, 12:54 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dascoot @ Mar 13 2006, 12:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Bloodlessr@Mar 13 2006, 01:46 PM

My car is basically stuck.
I know y'all don't wanna hear it but that is really pretty. It's 75 and cloudy here, which may sound great to everyone else but to me it means Open Window Season is over and Stinky Sweaty Summer should be here in about a week.

Sorry bout being stuck like chuck though.

Garret did someone die? [/b][/quote]
:huh: Die?

I just shoveled like a 25% of my driveway and I've got a pretty deep burn in my arms. Its gotta be atleast a foot and half to two feet deep. Plus its that perfect snowman snow so its heavy as hell. It had to be at least 20 lbs a throw and I had to throw ever time I put the shovel in, I didn't push any snow, it was impossible so I had heave-ho through all of it. <_<

Originally posted by Bloodlessr@Mar 13 2006, 04:20 PM
I just shoveled like a 25% of my driveway and I've got a pretty deep burn in my arms. Its gotta be atleast a foot and half to two feet deep. Plus its that perfect snowman snow so its heavy as hell. It had to be at least 20 lbs a throw and I had to throw ever time I put the shovel in, I didn't push any snow, it was impossible so I had heave-ho through all of it. <_<
So manly. :wub:

I don't know if you heard me counting, I did over a thousand.

Yeah that thing next to your car looks like a funeral wreath.

Aww...:( poor guys.

It's almost 87 degree's here! People are walking around the D.C. Capital in booty shorts and bikini's. I hate the heat. :angry:

Originally posted by dascoot+Mar 13 2006, 01:37 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dascoot @ Mar 13 2006, 01:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Bloodlessr@Mar 13 2006, 04:20 PM
So manly. :wub:

I don't know if you heard me counting, I did over a thousand.

Yeah that thing next to your car looks like a funeral wreath. [/b][/quote]
No, its a regular christmas wreath. We haven't taked it down yet.

I was watching Cops last night and they were in Minneapolis and they all had the cutest accents.

Uh. Sorry to say it's 89 here.....
Don't hate me....
I am not Mother Nature.....

89, I'm glad I'm not there, I'd rather be chilly that sweaty ass hot.

Originally posted by Bloodlessr@Mar 13 2006, 03:21 PM
89, I'm glad I'm not there, I'd rather be chilly that sweaty ass hot.
I've lived her my whole life, so I guess I'm just used to it.
It's not for everyone though, that is fo sho ;)

Back