Clorox Disinfectant Wipes

Reaction score
the commercial is a mother tickling her baby daughter's feet. spill on the table, mom uses wipes, goes back to laughing with her baby daughter while more tickling ensues....

in the backround i hear this guy singing a song with an acoustic guitar......amazing.

i can't find anything on this.....the only words i could pick up are " the smile in your eyes"

please help!

this is what i came on here to find too!
the voice sounds so familiar, but i can't get it. the lyric fragment i heard was "as soft as the smile in your eyes"...oh and another little fragment - "by my side".

Plugging some of the lyrics you two provided into Google ...

I got ...

Meat Loaf - "Because of You" ???

Um, it's probably not it, but anyhoo ...

Right or wrong ...
Enjoy!
There you go.

thanks for the suggestion, but sadly not it.....the problem with this song is that the commercial gets no play.......help!

hahahaha !! wow i just saw this commercial and was like wow what an amazing song, i'll google it.. and i got to this site. it's nice to know that there are people out there that are as losery as i am :)
the lyrics i was able to acquire are "right here beside me soft as the smile in your eyes "
the singer has also done the cover of the postal service song on the M&Ms commercial, i don't know who he is though..

ok so i def like where you're going. the artist you were talking about is iron and wine. i looked through what i believe is to be all of their songs, but i might have missed some....nothing

i even checked a very similar and very good artist named sufjan stevens. no songs matched, but again i don't know if i checked all of them.....

just thought i'de help maybe jog someone's memory

about the m&ms commercial- it's iron & wine singing "such great heights" (who the postal service re-did). but i love this song on the clorox commercial- sounds similar to iron and wine but i don't think it is.

i do like iron and wine, and have a couple of their albums...that would kinda explain why it sounded so familiar...but if it is them, its not a song i've heard...

hey, i just found this song on google, it's "Beloved" by Mario Lanza. I think it might be it, but for some reason today is the day that all of my sources for music went on the fritz. So i don't know if that's right or not, but i looked up the lyrics and they sound similar to the commercial. Anyway, if that's it, enjoy!!!!:D

M. Man

Sadly, it's not mario lanza. homeboy is a classical singer, and the song resembles the kind of thing you'de hear on the silver screen way back in the day....

maybe it was just me, but google, as many times as i've tried the lyrics, does not help. ....

but it's good that we're still getting ideas coming in. this song is too good to give up on.

Originally posted by socalsignature@Mar 14 2006, 07:47 PM
Sadly, it's not mario lanza. homeboy is a classical singer, and the song resembles the kind of thing you'de hear on the silver screen way back in the day....
I should think so.... Mario Lanza was the opera super-stud tenor at the height of his career in 1951 when he played Enrico Caruso in "The Great Caruso" with some proclaiming him greater than Caruso himself.

I've been searching for this song for weeks as well. I have even gone so far as to email Clorox. Unfortunately, they were no help either. I listen to quite a bit of Iron and Wine and I really don't think it is them.

yea i emailed them too.....they'll go as far as to tell you that marketing firms do that stuff for them, but they won't tell you what the firms are. thanks for the help clorox.......thanks for nothing

Originally posted by ironxwine@Mar 11 2006, 03:06 PM
about the m&ms commercial- it's iron&wine singing "such great heights" (who the postal service re-did). but i love this song on the clorox commercial- sounds similar to iron and wine but i don't think it is.
Mmmmm, no. Actually, Iron and Wine remade the postal service's song and not the other way around. Such Great Heights was written and is copyrighted by Ben Gibbard and Jimmy Tamborello of The Postal Service. Sooo, that's that there. (See Iron and Wine Discography for Garden State Soundtrack)

It would be sad to give away credit for such an awesome song. No matter how trivial it may seem, it really irked me.

kind of getting off subject there for a little.........so does anyone know who sang the acoustid song for this commercial? this is still unsolved!

If it is possible to get credits from a commercial (if a commercial has credits) then it may be possible to find the name of the artist

so here's the deal with elliot smith.

just so you all know, i check an artist mostly by what comes up on the iTunes music store. for the most part, it gives all they have on somebody, but it's not uncommon that they leave something out....

from everything i checked out on elliot smith, i'm gonna say it probably isn't him. i could be wrong....but nothing really came too close from what he does have. the styles are a little off.

just as another suggestion....cdnow.com always tells you the artist, and others similar to them (or for that matter, what other artists' music was bought complimentary to the main person.....that make sense at all?). for fresh ideas, if you haven't already done this, check it out and see if any leads come out from looking at your original searches....

I have been going on this forum everyday hoping somebody would come up with the answer.

I love this song!!

I think it sounds like Sufjan Stevens. I went on iTunes and listened to all the songs they offered, but have not found anything. But, I also liked the Cingular commercial with the Cat Power song," hanging by the telephone" and when I tried to find it on iTunes they didn't have it. I also read that you can't buy that particular song anywhere. It was just for the commercial, apparently.
So, I was thinking maybe the same thing happened here, though I hope that is not the case.

Back