E*TRADE "Master of Your Domain"

bigoz

Reaction score
Can anyone identify the opera chorus being sung in the E*TRADE "Master of your Domain" ad (where the computer, plant, dog, etc. "bow" to the guy)?

This E*Trade commercial can be seen on the History channel or on regular network television. It's been around since late 2005. It's on periodically now, but some of you might know of the music more than the commercial itself. Here's the set up:

A man is working on his investments on the computer before going out with his wife.
Background music is a grandiose choral piece. Lively, loud (think Beethoven's "Ode to Joy" or Handel's "Hallelujah" in that realm of choral works).

Wife comes in. Music is paused. She finds her earring.

Music comes back in, the choral piece starts to finish with a grand finale.

Husband gets up from his desk finishing his online investments.

Dog bows to husband. Chair bows to husband. Cactus plant bows to huband.

Cut to E*Trade "Be Master of Your Domain," logo and investment information.

Simple, interesting commercial but the music is driving me nuts! Anyone know of it? PLEASE!

So, in researching the ad agency that handles the E*Trade account (Goodby Silverstein) I've contacted and emailed them. Who knows if I'd even get a reply. So, if anyone still knows the commercial I am talking about and the music in background, please post a reply. It would be greatly appreciated!

I remember the commercial, but don't recall the music as being spectacular.

I've been looking for the same thing. If you find out, let me know. I saw it on the 'net once, maybe a year ago, but haven't been able to track it down since.

Servants Chorus from Don Pasquale, by Gaetano Donizetti.

Back