Silent Hill

Not sure of the song name. The music thats used in the trailer is from Silent Hill 1 & 2 games. I dont know if they released soundtracks for those games, I know they did for 3 & 4

There are official Game Soundtracks for all four Silent Hill games available on Amazon or eBay.

I'm guessing the the melody you are refering to, that plays while the "Welcome to Silent Hill" sign is shown, is unreleased music from the score. I personally enjoyed the tune throughout the trailer.

they did release soundtracks for 1 and 2. i'm not sure if there was ever an american release though and they're probably really rare. try ebay.

as for the specific song: are you talking about the very short teaser? or the trailer?
(the teaser starts with a shot of a white staircase and ashes falling)

the song i want to kno is NOT in any of the Silent Hill Soundtracks; how i know this? I have sountracks from Silent Hill 1 through 4 and none of them contain the song from the trailer. (the song i wanna kno)

im now assuming that the song was spacifically made for the trailer tho.

@ euphoric04

theres only 1 trailer on the main site... under, media > trailer

Well I was going off what soundtrack.net said. It lists music from Silent Hill 1&2.

sounds like an italian mandolin-y kind of guitarish thing.

i know that's no help...

The song is 'Silent Hill' by Akira Yamaoka, and it is from the Silent Hill (1) video game soundtrack. I don't think the soundtracks were ever sold in the US but you can sometimes find them on Ebay.

Does anyone know what that song is, it was used in the film as well. Is it on the Silent Hill soundtrakcs?

I'm almost positive the piano song is "Ordinary Vanity" from Silent Hill 2. I'll know for sure in a few minutes, but the Wikipedia's entry on the Silent Hill movie soundtrack listed that song as the theme for when Rose and Sharon are sitting at the tree.

I hate to triple-post, but I found the right song this time and checked it. "Promise (Reprise)" from SH2 is the piano song.

Back