2006 Winter Olympics Torino

MDEMT280

Reaction score
I didn't exactly know where to put this. During NBC's coverage of the Olympics opening ceremonies, towards the very end, they played a segment previewing events and coverage that's coming up. It was set to music that I could swear I heard before, but I can't remember. I'd describe it as a movie score, drama/action kind of theme. Almost made me think of Hans Zimmer, John Williams, or Randy Edelman... did anyone watch the ceremonies and see this? Any help you can give me is great! Thanks!

They were playing some AWESOME music during the parade of nations during the opening ceremonies. I was half asleep, so I only picked up a few. A comprehensive list would be appreciated. I taped them, so I will post one if nobody else does tomorrow sometime.

That would be Klaus Badelt. And the track is one from the Pirates Of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl. I'm not sure which track right now, I haven't listened to it in a while, but I hope it helps! :)

OH MY GOSH!!! i heard that too and I was DYING to know what song it was. Thank you so much...I was going crazy...thanks for the post+reply!

NBC Olympics Opening Ceremony

After the event, NBC had a montage (?) of the highlights of the opening ceremony set to a song with lyrics:
"stars across the sky"
"light never fade"
if anyone knows of the song played pls help! thanx!

During the olympic opening ceremonies there was a piece that I had been wanting to know for a while now. It was also in the last episode of curb your enthusiasm when larry first enters heaven. I was able to record the audio from the part in Curb your enthusiasm with the song from the olympics opening ceremonies. Please Please help me find this!

THNX

The link doesnt work when you click it so copy and paste the link address to your address entry and it works fine.

THNX

That song is Because We Believe by Andrea Bocelli's brand new cd Amore. It's the english version; the italian version is called Ama Credi E Vai (Because We Believe). I too liked the song and went searching for it.

I think the show uses a lot of production music from the BMG company called Killer Tracks.

I know because I have almost every Curb your enthusiasm song used. However i think that this song is more widespread so I dont think that its on BMG.

Hi, i was wondering if anyone knew what the actual name of the song being used in the Olympics commercials was that is the theme song for the old show Brisco County Jr. I recognized the song, and i just don't know the name!

Does anyone know the theme music they were using? I recognize it from somewhere (possibly a movie soundtrack, I'm pretty sure), but anyway it was the token inspirational song playing in the background while they talked about the controversy between the russian and french figure skating couples last winter olympics. Anyone?

NBC has been using FreePlayMusic.com 's collection not only in Athens '04 but also Torino '06. Check on this website

As far as I know it's just called "Theme from Brisco County Jr".

However, they've been using it for a while now, and sometimes if a song is picked up by a production company they often will change the name.

Originally posted by hmn10134@Feb 11 2006, 12:50 PM
That song is Because We Believe by Andrea Bocelli's brand new cd Amore. It's the english version; the italian version is called Ama Credi E Vai (Because We Believe). I too liked the song and went searching for it.
Album available from Amazon (audio sample track 13).

Today I was, and still am, watching the olympics on NBC. It was during the pairs figure skating when the first American's routine was over. They panned over to the co-gold winners from salt lake 2002 from Canad (jaime saleigh and the guy). Anywaise, the announcers said earlier in the day the two demonstrated to NBC how to properly perform a lift during figure skating. As they were doing this a song started to play that I had remembered from some movie but I CAN't REMEMBER IT!!! Shortly after they started playing a coldplay song. If anyone can help me out on tracking down the name of that song I would appreciate it. There were no words and it was a simple multi-tone beat that had a very relaxed mood to it.

I just re-read my post and I got a bit confused. To clarify, if anyone even knows what I'm talking about, I want to know the song that came right before the coldplay song...

The Canadian coverage of the Olympics (on CBC, TSN, NewsWorld, and CountryCanada) all use the same openeing segment when a new block of coverage starts. This segment uses an updated version of the same song they used for Athens and Salt Lake City for opening segments and commercials. I've wanted to find out what this song was for a long time! I'm trying to use my computer's PVR to record that section so people unable to get Canadian coverage can see it. If you could help me find out this song, that would be great!

Back