What is the Official Olympic Song Called?

I know I'm old but it used to be Buglers Dream - of course Amazon's sample starts after the opening fanfare that is familiar.... :p
Amazon

HEY! I found a better one - it says "Olympic Theme" on the track listing but if you scroll down to the credits it says:
Olympic Fanfare (Bugler's Dream), for orchestra/band (from "Charge!")
Composed by Leo Arnaud
with Cleveland Symphonic Winds
Conducted by Frederick Fennell

Track ONE at Amazon (click on ME!)

The majority of the olympic songs you hear on NBC have been written by John Williams. For the Salt Lake City games in 2002 he produced a CD called "An American Journey - Winter Olympics 2002." You primarily hear the first and last tracks, which are Call of the Champions and Summon The Heroes. There is also another song he composed called Bugler's Dream- Olympic Fanfare and Theme which comes off his 2 Disc Greatest Hits CD.

The first Amazon link in my post above is to the "Summon the Heroes" cd - and John Williams has conducted "Bugler's Dream" by Leo Arnaud which was THE Olympic theme for years, starting in 1968. The Olympic Fanfare listed on his Greatest Hits is not the same music, although a note on the track states: "This selection shares track and timing with "Charge!: Bugler's dream"

Back