MTV or VH1 show

milo917

Reaction score
this has been bothering me for 2 years. lipsyncing show with ahmet zappa hosting..there were has been celebrity judges. ahmet often jammed along on guitar. 80's or early 90's not "Remote Control"...that had jay mohr hosting. it was definitely ahmet zappa. I have searched all engine i know.

Actually the hosts of Remote Control were Ken Ober and Collin Quinn :p

That MTV lipsync show that had Jay Mohr as host ...

Wasn't it Lip Service? B)

my bust...Jay mohr hosted 'Lip Service' But I am looking for the Ahmet Zappa show. Could he have been the first host of "Lip Service"? possibly. But I don't think so. The show I am thinking of had a panel of has been scoring the lip syncers on a scale of one to ten. They traveled around to different locations.. and showed the lyrics on the tv screen while performers were singing, so viewers could watch how much they messed up. I hope someone has a 'for sure' answer to this, so I can lay it to rest. I think it aired in the 80's

Are you sure you have the premise of the show correct?

sure is a strong word, but I think I am...I hope I didn't dream the whole thing.
there must be somebody who remembers what I do.
Thanks everyone for trying though. really I appreciate it

Hi. Was it called "Happy Hour"? I also think his brother Dweezil Zappa was also on the show.

I liked "Happy Hour"! But wasn't that on the usa network?

Jay Mohr hosted 'Lip Service' on MTV, a show that was on during either the early or mid 90s...

Then they had say what karaoke (i think!) with song lyrics across the bottom of the screen.

I think ahmet hosted a short-lived game show-type thing on mtv a few years ago.

i think the game show your talking about is "webRiot" it started in 1999-early 2000.

hope thts it!

Back