Discovery Channel Deadliest Catch and I Shouldn't Be Alive

MicroJupiter

Reaction score
There is a commercial recently aired on the Discovery channel for the shows "Deadliest Caatch," and "I shouldn't be Alive." Does anybody know what the song they use is, thanks.
-Micro

This has been driving me crazy too...

The one I've heard is a female singer. But I can never quite make out the lyrics.

Something like.. "only time can turn against us" or something... I'm not sure. Please Please! somebody have the answer. I'm going mad o_O.

hehe thanks in advance!

THAT'S IT! I want that song really bad, thanks for posting, not everybody watches Discovery channel.
-Micro

I'm thinking maybe Joan Osborne because her song oOne of Us sounds like the same singer, but all her other songs sound a bit ruffer.
-Micro

and of course the source is useless. stating in their faq section this little blurb.

"Although we get many requests for details about composers and tracks of music used on both our programmes and trailers, we cannot respond to these enquiries. Much of the music on the channels is specially commissioned and not commercially available. However, please note that in many instances the musical soundtrack is usually credited at the end of the programme."

kind of a nice way of saying "stop bugging us!"

Well they had another commercial and it was Head Automica, Brooklyn is Buning, and it was on iTunes.
-Micro

AHHHHHHHHHHH....im also going crazy for this song.... i dunno either... kelly klarkson did come across my mind... my best advice... (and this has helped me many times)... go to google or yahoo or whatever search engine of your choice... and type in the words that the singer says (in this case... ONLY TIME CAN TELL......)... be as accurate as possible... and then type in LYRICS...

well... i hope we find this song soon enough...

I've been trying Google but no luck so far. I even tried *gasp* other search engines. Kelly Clarkson sounds VERY similar, at least in Behind These Hazel Eyes, but I've listened to clips of everything I could find of hers and had no luck there either. Not gonna give up yet though!

All I could make out was something like 'only time is against us' and 'without you I am helpless'
But I can't find it either.

It does not sound like Kelly Clarkson to me at all......
:p

Five crazies!!! I googled everything I could think of. I definitely agree with the Kelly Clarkson or Joan Osborne theory.

The only lyrics other than what you guys mentioned that I could make out were "I run to you"

Useing my headphones these are the lyrics I could interperet....

"Only time can work against us
I'm Without you, I am hopeless
So I cry to you

Only time can work against us
So I cry to you

So I run to you"

I hope this helps. And yes this is driving me crazy too.

I've been listening to this for hours on repeat. I have nothing to do while I work. I think I'm being brainwashed by discovery channel.
But I'm almost 100% sure the lyrics are this

Only time can turn against us
cause without you I am helpless
So I run to you

then the second time it repeats

Only time can turn against us
So I ruuuuun to you
So I run to you

This whole thing seems too sampled and out of context to be done especially for the commercial.

by the gods I'm gonna fo insane...

"Let's all discover, what song this is!"

On the TV spot for this new show, they play this song in the background...

I believe the lyrics go as follows:

Only time will tick against us
'cause without you i am helpless
So i run to you
So i run to you

Any idea who sings this or what the name of the song is?

Hello all,
We are all nuts then. I was up last night and I heard this promo. I googled got to here. I am as determined as you are to figure this out. When I first heard it, it sounded a little like t.A.t.U. I am researching and look forward to new posts.

I love discovery channel. Why must they plague us so! :)
Rock on!

Hmmm...her voice is kind of raspy like when you have a cold, and that immediately makes me think she sounds a lot like Hilary Duff.

I've searched all over the net, and nothing so far. Often times record labels will test new songs in commercials before releasing them, to see if enough people like the song to actually go out and buy the album. Then the record label folks scour the net and sites like Adtunes to see if there's a buzz.

Let's hope they release this song freakin quick...it's killin me!

well I would definantly count this as a "buzz" and yeah you could b right. my friend suggested earlier that the song may be coming out. or just too new to have lyrics listed on the internet. we could be raving about the next big hit months before it becomes one.

I keep listening to the radio and watching music television channels for female vocalists that sound like her so that I can do searches on them.

And if I have the lyrics right, I'm sure it's just because feline ears when compared to the human ear have a much broader range due to the increased number and sensitivity of the cilia within the chochlea and therefore I'm just making stuff up and have no idea what I'm talking about :)

don't give up guys

first time posting on this thread, ive been coming back to this every 1hr or so and will its begininng to piss me off, its good that yall put those samples of audio up. ive searched at alot of place and cant find a single piece of info. im just gonna give up.. i dont want to but i have no choice.but ill still come back here to see if anyone found out anything.

something that might work to maybe nail some of the lyrics is put your tv on closed captioning and wait for the commercial to air, i know that almost all of discovery's shows and ads are closed captioned so that could work.

Back