Joyeux Noel (Merry Christmas)

JAGrey

Reaction score
I just saw the trailer for Joyeux Noel (Merry Christmas) and the piece toward the end of the trailer is incredibly beautiful. I tried the audio previews of the soundtrack on iTunes but they were all pretty short and none of them combined the woman's voice with an orchestra. Does anyone know which song was used? The trailer is available at www.apple.com/trailers.

Thanks for your time!

I only recently acquired this soundtrack so I don't know it inside and out but the song is called Hymne des Fraternisés: "I'm dreaming of home" (there are several variations on the OST). If you listen closely there is a childrens choir in the trailer under the soprano, and the samples I heard only featured the children. Having said that, while the soprano is present in the recording I think what they did was play this arrangement but added the actual scene track where she appears to be singing a cappella on top of the OST recording creating something not present on the OST. At least that's my theory B)

:p gee I'm great at run-on sentences, did that make sense to you? :rolleyes:

Track 16 at iTunes

Ah, thank you so much. I downloaded that track after I posted last night and, hearing the children but no soprano, I was afraid that what you said was the case. It's a shame.

I suppose I'll have to watch the trailer on repeat until I am sated.

Thanks for your help!

Back