American Idol Season 5

ryan613

Reaction score
What was the name of the song tonight on American Idol. The song was sung by a girl who's aunt was a famous singer. I want to know the second song that she sang for the judges. I would also like to know the original artist of the song.

i know the original artist was billie holiday.. i forgot which song she performed though.. hope that helps you some!

Take Five is correct :D First time I ever heard the song was by the Recliners. Great song. So it was originally Billie's song? cool. :)

Thanks I thought it was by Billie Holiday. The girl on American Idol could have been wrong. The thread helped though.

No problem. :) The person in the other thread said Billie Holiday was mentioned also, so it definitely wasn't just you... you're right, I guess the contestant must have had the wrong artist! o_O

~ Mia ~

whoops.. sorry. i just went by what the contestant said. either way she did a pretty amazing job! again.. sorry for the confusion!

Anyone know what the song was at the end of the show where the final 12 contestants were dancing? Had a nice beat to it... just wondering what that song was.

Does anyone know the song played at the very end of tuesday's American Idol? The final 24 had just been named, and during this sequence, they were dancing around. Anyone have an idea?

I assume you mean at the end of Wednesday's show? I just started looking for the same song. I think it's something similiar to that, or maybe "clap your hands now, keep on clapping now".

The original song was done by The Meters. The Black Eyed Peas then took the riff and put it in a song by the same name. You want the original.

I knew someone was going to ask this! But what is the one Black Eyed Peas Sang!

Originally posted by crzwx84@Feb 16 2006, 04:22 PM
I knew someone was going to ask this! But what is the one Black Eyed Peas Sang!
that's my question too! the meters song is cool though

I could be wrong about this ...

Black Eyed Peas - "Clap Your Hands"

Hehe ... a little too obvious, shmaybe ... hehe :p :lol:

Right or wrong ...
Enjoy!
There you go.

Same show, different tune ...

In addition to the Meters - "Hand Clapping Song" that was played at the very end, there had been another sorta clapping jazzy song earlier in the show ...

This clapping jazz song played when they showed a montage of the various contestants waiting on that big bench prior to going up in the elevator ...

I knew I recognized it, I knew I had it somewhere ...

Did a little digging around ...

Found it ...

Dave Brubeck - "Unsquare Dance"

... in case anybody was curious about that song too! B)

Enjoy!
There you go.

Anyone watch AI when they show the guys for tomorrow night when they were dancing for like 5 seconds or something at the end of tonight's show. Anyone know the name of that song?

Back