The New World

movie_watcher

Reaction score
Never have I seen a more powerful movie.

I'm still in shock at how amazed I am at the film. After I left the theater I just felt......different, really changed inside, healed, grateful...so many other things I haven't been able to even figure out yet.

I think everyone should be required to see this masterpiece because it is film making at it's very, very best.

If...when, you go, PLEASE do not go expecting a Titanic like epic romance. This movie is slow, yet therapeutic, it's art. There are long shots of nature and emotion filled faces. There is very little dialogue, but it hardly needs it.

You will, unfortunately, either hate it or love it, but I hope you go with an open mind and ready to experience true art. It's terrible that films like the Dukes of Hazzard and Duece Bigalow are being made...it's movie like The New World that can make you feel true, true emotions and really make you evaluate who you are that should be made much more often.

Thats the one about pocahontas right? I wanna see that movie it looks awesome...

I would see it, but it's not playing where I am. :( Was it limited release or something?

Originally posted by movie_watcher@Jan 23 2006, 06:50 AM
Never have I seen a more powerful movie.

I'm still in shock at how amazed I am at the film. After I left the theater I just felt......different, really changed inside, healed, grateful...so many other things I haven't been able to even figure out yet.

I think everyone should be required to see this masterpiece because it is film making at it's very, very best.

If...when, you go, PLEASE do not go expecting a Titanic like epic romance. This movie is slow, yet therapeutic, it's art. There are long shots of nature and emotion filled faces. There is very little dialogue, but it hardly needs it.

You will, unfortunately, either hate it or love it, but I hope you go with an open mind and ready to experience true art. It's terrible that films like the Dukes of Hazzard and Duece Bigalow are being made...it's movie like The New World that can make you feel true, true emotions and really make you evaluate who you are that should be made much more often.
its on my list
sounds like my kind of movie

yeah, I love emotional movies like that. Especially the awesome epic ones. :eek:k:

I mostly liked this movie. I enjoyed Malick's The Thin Red Line, so I was hoping I would like this one as well. I enjoyed it enough, but there were parts in the first half of the movie that started to repeat itself and felt like Malick was meandering a bit. I know that he cut out 20 minutes just before the theatrical release. I think I would have loved this movie had he edited out maybe 15 more minutes worth of stuff.

Back