Walmart "Save More Smile More"

.daniel.

Reaction score
Walmart "Save More Smile More"

Can't really explain the genre of the music, but it's very easy going sounding. The lyrics go along the lines of "here we are" and "sun smiling on us". I googled the lyrics and couldn't find anything. As for the commercial, it's rather hard to explain as well lol. It starts off with a girl at her bed, and the screen is split into 2 making a mirror, and then objects from that scene fade into another scene. Wow, I'm doing a terrible job explaining it, lol. I also googled for the commercial and couldn't find it on the walmart site or anywhere, so I ripped it myself and put it on rapidshare. Please take a look and help me find the artist responsible! :D

i thought it could be that, but the lyrics aren't really specific to walmart/the commercial. but like you, i have looked and not been able to find anything. the lyrics go like this:

here we are
with the sun smiling on us
what is ours, what is ours, what is ours
is golden, golden, golden
here we are, here we are, here we are
in the moment

i'm pretty sure those are the lyrics at least

I came here searching for it myself. If I had to guess..they almost sound like Stars...but not quite. The female's voice isn't right.

It's bugging me though, and I'll keep looking.

I almost think it sounds like Amy Grant singing the song.
Would love to find out more info on this. Hopefully someone will be able to figure this out.

The commercial you're speaking of is the Wal*Mart "Smile more Save more" campaign. It is the first in a series, A multi-million dollar campaign to promote the value of Wal*Mart products in everyday life. There are "hidden" "smiley faces" throughout the commercial such as the school of fish swimming in smiley formation... The commercial was produced by the advertising agency of Bernstein-Rein their contact is bradv.com

here's something else I found from the same site:

The 34-year-old singer/songwriter is calling from a Hill Country recording studio, where she's working on a batch of TV jingles for Wal-Mart, which has hired her as a spokesvoice. Hickman currently resides in Austin, where she shares a home with her eight-month-old daughter, Lily Blessing.

Hickman landed the Wal-Mart gig through the same informal channels that have become her route to just about everything work-related these days. In short, the job pretty much fell in her lap. "Somebody told the advertising agency that they thought I'd be good for this," she says. "I think they thought my voice was sort of virginal or sweet or something."

the music in this commercial is done by a husband and wife team from hollywood california. He is a music composer/producer and she is a singer. (Sarah McLachlan, Moody Blues, Mellissa Etheridge, Joe Cocker, Bob Seger, to name a few)

You can check her out at Berniebarlow.com

How do I know this? I am the husband. I stumbled onto the forum and appreciate your interest in the Walmart music.

The music came from an unfinished song idea that found a home with Walmart. There is no full song version. However, because of the response to this ad we are considering recording a full lenght song.

JN

ok, so i got an official statement from the advertising company:

Daniel,

Thanks for your interest in Bernstein-Rein’s Wal-Mart spot. We’re very proud of our work here and enjoy hearing feedback.

The music in the spot you asked about was made solely for the ad by a commercial music production company; Stimmung, in Santa Monica, CA. They’ve done a great job and we’ll pass along all the positive feedback we’ve received to them.

Again, thanks for writing!

Josh Davenport

Bernstein-Rein Advertising

Originally posted by bogbrush@Jan 30 2006, 09:28 AM
the music in this commercial is done by a husband and wife team from hollywood california. He is a music composer/producer and she is a singer. (Sarah McLachlan, Moody Blues, Mellissa Etheridge, Joe Cocker, Bob Seger, to name a few)

You can check her out at Berniebarlow.com

How do I know this? I am the husband. I stumbled onto the forum and appreciate your interest in the Walmart music.

The music came from an unfinished song idea that found a home with Walmart. There is no full song version. However, because of the response to this ad we are considering recording a full lenght song.

JN
wow, just read that. amazing. thank you so much for doing getting in contact with us. we appreciate it very much

sent an email to the ad company that did the walmart commercial--here's the reply that i got:

Mollie,

Thanks for your interest in Bernstein-Rein and our new Wal-Mart spot. We’re very proud of our work and we love to hear feedback.

The song that’s played in the commercial was produced for us by a commercial music company in Santa Monica, CA, Stimmung. They’ve done a great job and we’ll pass along the positive feedback we’re received.

Thanks for writing!

Josh Davenport

Bernstein-Rein Advertising

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Sunday, January 29, 2006 8:25 PM
To: brinfo(at)bradv.com
Subject: Walmart Song

I found out on a website that your company made the Walmart commercial in the 'Smile more Save more' campaign. Is the song played on that commercial a real song or one written just for the commercial? The lyrics talk about 'here we are, with the sun smiling on us. what is ours is golden. here we are in the moment.'

Thanks!

so there's the answer.....it's not a real song.... :(

Save More :) smile more
It is the commercial where there are happy faces found everywhere, in everyday life like the fog on a mirror or made with shadows. What's the song in the background? "This is ours, this is ours, it's golden"

so the smile more ad is sung by a singer from LA. Bernie Barlow is her name, she was just on tour with Sarah Mclachlan last year, and the classic rock band the Moody blues.
she and a composer from LA john Nooney were asked to write for the spot by "stimmung" a santa monica based music production company. They are currently working on the full length version of the song.

Save more smile more
It is the commercial where happy faces are found everywhere, on the fog on the mirror and from shadows.
"This is ours, this ours, this ours, its golden, golden, golden"
What is this song?

Let me add my kudos for this tune and hope for release of a full song. I'm also a musician and a big fan of catchy sweet pop. When I heard this commercial, I immediately assumed it was an artist I hadn't yet heard of and did a search on the lyrics. Glad I came across this forum.

BTW, I had no idea it was a Walmart commercial... I liked the song so much I just listened. Truth is, I hate Walmart. If they help these artists get discovered, the thieving immoral community-destroying scumbags will have done *one* good thing...not enough to keep them from going to hell, but at least a momentary lapse from the pure evil incarnate they are.

-BB

I'm so glad I found this page. This question has been driving me crazy. I could have sworn it was "Stars". Good job to the peeps who made the jingle. Sounds great!

who sings the song off the new wal mart commercial? does anyone know? There is a woman on a treadmill listening to an ipod, then ppl are watching television, and everything ends up turning into a smiley face.

this has been answered before. it is a women named bernie barlow, her husband is the male voice, the song is not compleate but may be soon. google her name as she does have some sweet stuff out now. PEACE --ZAMP--

Originally posted by BerkeleyBernie@Feb 6 2006, 11:10 PM
Truth is, I hate Walmart. If they help these artists get discovered, the thieving immoral community-destroying scumbags will have done *one* good thing...
And what's so bad about Wal-Mart? Offering products at a low price is immoral? And I guess it's pretty terrible that they give thousands of people Jobs with good benifits, regardless of their education.

Oh... and did you hear, they were one of the biggest contributers in the katrina relief? Just. Awful.

I can't believe that song isn't even by a real artist. What a disappointment! Lol. I was ready to go out and buy their album, maybe even two!
Man, WalMart has suckered me once and for all. <_<

Back