Advertising

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Status

Sponsored Links

here's something else I found from the same site:

The 34-year-old singer/songwriter is calling from a Hill Country recording studio, where she's working on a batch of TV jingles for Wal-Mart, which has hired her as a spokesvoice. Hickman currently resides in Austin, where she shares a home with her eight-month-old daughter, Lily Blessing.

Hickman landed the Wal-Mart gig through the same informal channels that have become her route to just about everything work-related these days. In short, the job pretty much fell in her lap. "Somebody told the advertising agency that they thought I'd be good for this," she says. "I think they thought my voice was sort of virginal or sweet or something."

Status

the music in this commercial is done by a husband and wife team from hollywood california. He is a music composer/producer and she is a singer. (Sarah McLachlan, Moody Blues, Mellissa Etheridge, Joe Cocker, Bob Seger, to name a few)

You can check her out at Berniebarlow.com

How do I know this? I am the husband. I stumbled onto the forum and appreciate your interest in the Walmart music.

The music came from an unfinished song idea that found a home with Walmart. There is no full song version. However, because of the response to this ad we are considering recording a full lenght song.

JN

Status

ok, so i got an official statement from the advertising company:

Daniel,

Thanks for your interest in Bernstein-Rein’s Wal-Mart spot. We’re very proud of our work here and enjoy hearing feedback.

The music in the spot you asked about was made solely for the ad by a commercial music production company; Stimmung, in Santa Monica, CA. They’ve done a great job and we’ll pass along all the positive feedback we’ve received to them.

Again, thanks for writing!

Josh Davenport

Bernstein-Rein Advertising

Status

Originally posted by bogbrush@Jan 30 2006, 09:28 AM
    the music in this commercial is done by a husband and wife team from hollywood california. He is a music composer/producer and she is a singer. (Sarah McLachlan, Moody Blues, Mellissa Etheridge, Joe Cocker, Bob Seger, to name a few)

You can check her out at Berniebarlow.com

How do I know this? I am the husband. I stumbled onto the forum and appreciate your interest in the Walmart music.

The music came from an unfinished song idea that found a home with Walmart. There is no full song version. However, because of the response to this ad we are considering recording a full lenght song.

JN
    wow, just read that. amazing. thank you so much for doing getting in contact with us. we appreciate it very much

Status

sent an email to the ad company that did the walmart commercial--here's the reply that i got:

Mollie,

Thanks for your interest in Bernstein-Rein and our new Wal-Mart spot. We’re very proud of our work and we love to hear feedback.

The song that’s played in the commercial was produced for us by a commercial music company in Santa Monica, CA, Stimmung. They’ve done a great job and we’ll pass along the positive feedback we’re received.

Thanks for writing!

Josh Davenport

Bernstein-Rein Advertising

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Sunday, January 29, 2006 8:25 PM
    To: brinfo(at)bradv.com
    Subject: Walmart Song

I found out on a website that your company made the Walmart commercial in the 'Smile more Save more' campaign. Is the song played on that commercial a real song or one written just for the commercial? The lyrics talk about 'here we are, with the sun smiling on us. what is ours is golden. here we are in the moment.'

Thanks!

so there's the answer.....it's not a real song....

Status

Save More smile more
    It is the commercial where there are happy faces found everywhere, in everyday life like the fog on a mirror or made with shadows. What's the song in the background? "This is ours, this is ours, it's golden"