Internet D-Day 1/07/06

Bloodlessr

Might be alive
Reaction score
Last night hundreds maybe even thousands of YTMND users along with forum users from Fark, Something Awful, Gamefaqs, 4chan, IGN, Newgrounds and some other forums raided the Ebaumsworld.com website. Flooding and eventually locking the forum and absolutely ruining the chat with non stop spam. Example of what max from YTMND (who runs YTMND did not condone the raid) called a "vulgar display of power". People also started using a command prompt called DDos which pings certain websites, in this case ebaumsworld, using bandwidth in attempts to shut down the site. All this pinging prevented hackers from really doing actual damage. The hackers plan was to delete the entire ebaums site but obviously their attempts failed.

You might be asking "why is all of this happening" and here is the reason in a funny animation. But what really started it was when ebaums stole this and put it on their site with an ebaumsworld watermark. That pushed the YTMND community over the edge and they retailiated. Here is more on the ebaumsworld wars, read the Something Awful and YTMND articles.

Last Night was crazy and its not over yet, expect to hear more about this in the coming days. I thought this was a good quote on wikipedia went something like "Dont mess with YTMND because they have no mercy and you bring you down with brute force" that isn't the exact quote but I cant find the real one because it was deleted off of wikipedia and all the YTMND's that had it screenshoted have been shut down.

suits em right i say :lol:

of course i dont know the details, but...

I just checked the ebaumsworld chat and people are still going at it. I bet Space Cataz is right down on the front lines. :lol:

I like making YTMNDs, and I like Ebaumsworld. I don't even post on Ebaumsworld. I didn't have a clue this happened until I read Bloodlessr's post.

Edit: WTF JUST HAPPENED TO MY ICON!?

Icon? You of all people should have been around for the war. Well, I used to like eBaums until I found out all the controversy behind them, that malicious code stuff they did to SA was really dumb, I've lost all respect for eBaums now.

What do you do there? Is it a myspace thing or something..?? I went there and it didn't really say anything about what it's about.

No, you just make funny little sites that mean nothing but to entertain. Its just a image/animated gif and sound/music/clip and maybe some text too.

Example: http://ualuealuealeuale.ytmnd.com/

They are generally pretty stupid but hilarious also.

Update: Internet Wars 2006, News from the frontlines.

Its been announced that over 7,000 hackers are going to attack eBaumsworld on Wendnesday night at midnight. Their goal is to totally eraticate the site along with all its content. I'm questioning the validity of this, over 7,000 hackers sounds alittle outlandish and I don't believe it will happen but nonetheless it could happen.

Originally posted by dascoot@Jan 9 2006, 09:42 PM
Well whaddaya know, Jean Luc Picard not only roped most of us in but he was one of the first ones to make the site huge.
Yeah, thats how I found out about YTMND.

Originally posted by kristykat182@Jan 10 2006, 12:43 AM
Dascoot, you're the man now dog.
:lol: I totally am.

How good of the 7,000 hackers to give ebaumsworld fair warning and plenty of time to secure the site and get the authorities involved.

Dumb kids. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by dascoot+Jan 10 2006, 12:45 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dascoot @ Jan 10 2006, 12:45 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-kristykat182@Jan 10 2006, 12:43 AM
Dascoot, you're the man now dog.
:lol: I totally am.

How good of the 7,000 hackers to give ebaumsworld fair warning and plenty of time to secure the site and get the authorities involved.

Dumb kids. :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
:lol: :lol: true true

Well they said they were expecting around 10,000 from the community, that would be pretty hard to stop, its hard to stop a few hackers. Authorities? Hackers can't get caught to easily. But, I still don't actually believe any of it so...

Originally posted by Bloodlessr@Jan 10 2006, 12:49 AM
Well they said they were expecting around 10,000 from the community, that would be pretty hard to stop, its hard to stop a few hackers. Authorities? Hackers can't get caught to easily. But, I still don't actually believe any of it so...
You think the cops can't hack too? Anyway regardless of whether they get caught or not it's still stupid as fuck to be all "Yeah hey so I'ma commit a crime on Wednesday at 10!" Stealth attack, baby.

Back