Nanny McPhee

Iv also been looking for that song for a few years now accually. I hear it all the time, just never heard the name of it... they play it on tv during memorable highlights for sports games or historic wwf matches.

i'm glad you said that joker... i also remember hearing it during some movie trailer... it was probably for a children's movie that had magic in it, like harry potter or peter pan or something... or charlie and the chocolate factory?

have you checked the rest of the songs on the hook soundtrack, joker? sometimes they re-use a melody throughout a soundtrack but play variations on it. i wouldn't be surprised of old johnny boy did this for hook.

Erich Kunzel and the Cincinnati Pops recorded an album called THE GREAT FANTASY ADVENTURE ALBUM years ago, and their version of "Prologue" from HOOK, which appeared on that album, was also used in the trailer for NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS. This sounds like the same recording.

Ryan

If you're talking about the ad with a song that contains singing ...

Then ...

The Police - "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic"

If you're talking about the ad with just music (and no singing) ...

Then ...

Check in this same forum ... the other Nanny McPhee thread going on ...

Enjoy!
There you go.

have you tried The Police - "Everything She Does Is Magic" ??? that song is playing on the Nanny McPhee trailers i've seen.....

:rolleyes:

I indeed did search. And thanks, but no, this is not the song. I am talking about the song played during the part that their Aunt is introduced.

Sorry about that, I see indeed that there is an answer. Please excuse me, I didn't fine it before.

Long Story:
I Remember Hearing This Song For The Longest Time. The First Being When I Was Young. It'd Appear On Various Trailers And Commercials. Then I Didn't Hear It Again For Quite Some Time. Then I Heard It In An NFL Films 1996 AFC Championship GAme Footage. From Then On I'd Still Regconize It On Award Shows Like The Oscars Or The Emmy's. But Last Year WHen THe Theactrical Trailer For Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire Came Out It Was The FIrst I've Heard IT In YEARS!!! I Had To Track It Down This Time. I Found Others Looking For The Same Song With My Same Luck: Nothing. Even Soundtrack.net Or Adtunes Had No Answer. It Wasnt Until Harry Potter Came Out That I Heard The Song For A Second Time In The Nanny Mcphee Trailer. Once Again I Turned To The Boards And Still Got Nothing. It Was Not Until Recently I Checked Back Here At Adtunes Again, Then I Found This Board: http://adtunes.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20830
Which Lead Me To The Nightmare Before Christmas Trailer Which Played The Majority Of The Song! The First Time I Heard It In Years!!!
Here Are The Links

Long Story Short:
Its The Song In The Marked Trailers.

Song Starts @ 00:26

Song Starts @ 01:26

Song Starts @ 00:06

Ok I could be way off here but it reminds me of the old adventure movies...

Like Robin Hood, or the three musketeers (the old ones)...

My dad might know! :)

the songs are different in each trailer... you probably just think they are the same because they have a similar sound to them... but they are basically orchestra music played which is meant for either the movie or the preview.. its not a named song..

Sounds like it could be one of Danny Elfman's. Possibly Edward Scissorhands.

I always figured this piece was an adaptation of the Prologue from the Hook soundtrack (Amazon), alterred for copyright or royalty reasons...

Amazon's clip of the Prologue cuts off the first part of the track (the part you'd be looking for), but the theme in question is reprised somewhat about 15 seconds in.

Not exactly the same, but too close to be coincidence?

Back