Time Warner Cable falling off roof satellite dish

mickeytheyork

Reaction score
Does anyone know the name of the song that is played in this commercial. You see a guy falling of the roof while trying to fix a satellite dish.

The main instrument sounds like either a vibraphone or maybe a xylophone. There is no singing.

Thanks in advance!

I know what song you're talking about, I'm trying to find out who it is too...

I've searched through every AIR song and couldn't find it (although they do have some nice songs).

yeah i want this song iv been looking for this for a while....can any one find it...

Okay. I'm new here, so forgive me if I'm doing something wrong, but for the past few days I have had this song from a Time Warner Cable commercial playing in my head over and over again. The commercial involves people just kind of lying on the floor with this sad, melancholy music playing. It's because they tried to fix their satellite dish and fell off their roof. It's just instrumental, there is no singing. It's very slow-paced. I've seen a post similar to mine about someone falling off because of a satellite dish, but I've seen two commercials involving people falling off because of satellite dishes. One was a little older, and one was newer, featuring their slogan 'THE POWER OF YOU" and saying to Stay Inside. Stay out of trouble.

Or something like that. I just really want to know, is this instrumental music part of a real song, or did they create it solely for the commercial?

I will consider this bumping my thread. =P
Also on the commercial, there was a man lying down on the grass in his backyard. It was sunny. =)

Chances are, the lack of response is due to the song being made just for the ad. Or it's a regional ad and a lot of people haven't seen it. Maybe something will come up. :)

Thanks!
Yeah, maybe it was just made specially for the ad. Since it was instrumental.
Well, I'm sure it's all over America, but..eh..I don't know.

Maybe I'll just wait and record it or something. =P I think it's on Cartoon Network.

Another bump. But this is interesting. I found this on a website while searching on google for the slogan that was in the ad.

It seems to be a journal entry.

So that leads us to this evening. It was 2:45 in the morning, and I was watching Music Television on VH1. Once again the setting was in suburbia, but all it was was shots of men lying on their back, with their eyes closed. In the background was music that sounded like it was lifted from Six Feet Under. Are you seeing where they are going with this? No? Well, the last shot of the commercial was a man falling off of his roof, followed by the satellite dish he was working on. Yes ladies and gentlemen SATELLITE TELEVISION WILL KILL YOU!!! They faded out to black with the words (I only wish I was making this up) "Life is too short. Stay out of trouble, stay inside."

We might be talking about the same commercial.
And FYI, if you read the rules, you aren't supposed to bump by just saying bump. Post information instead of a bump. Maybe more people will be willing to help. ;)

Oh, okay. =)

Also, I think I may be talking about something I found on the television soundtrack board. It's about Six Feet Under, an instrumental song on that last episode, Untitled. I will check this out later.

Oh my gosh! I SAW IT LAST NIGHT! :lol: It was on around 8:43 p.m. eastern time in the U.S on channel 13 (fox) when American Idol was showing. That was yesterday night. I WAS SO EXCITED. -dork-

So now at least I know what channel it's on and that it might be shown again on American Idol. At least now I can record it. -even bigger dork- B)

I have also been looking for the music for this commercial. I'm pretty sure Time Warner Cable only serves the tri-state (NY, NJ, CT) area, so people across the country probably won't see it.

Anyone find any new info. on the music?
I'm going to start searching the web now!

Uh, it definitely doesn't. :lol: I live in NC. I also had it in Ohio. It's probably nation-wide. I mean, TWC is huge.

Not much new info. Some people think it sounds like it was taken from Six Feet Under's final episode, Untitled. In season four, maybe.

I'm not sure. All I know is I've seen it on the fox channel.

I asked Time Warner Cables and they said the song was done for the commercial.
A 30 second track entitled "Without" composed solely for the commercial spot. Unfortunately it doesn't exist as a longer track and is unavailable to purchase.

This has been bugging for a while too! It's always good to go to the source! :)

I SAW IT AGAIN! :p Twice! It's on News 14 Carolina, channel 14. Obviously only available in NC, but still! Now I know what channel to see it on. I shall record it and live in peace. Thanks to all who contributed to this thread! :lol:

Back