Boxing Day

yaay canada!
id say what i thought about canadians, but americans would be offended :(

:unsure: ok then... canadians are like amricans, except that theyre more friendly, more hospitable, funnier, they actually smile in public and they have these funny accents

Originally posted by Scythe@Dec 29 2005, 06:23 PM
:unsure: ok then... canadians are like amricans, except that theyre more friendly, more hospitable, funnier, they actually smile in public and they have these funny accents
I'd openly agree with all of that except for "funnier". It depends on what you find funny.

*begins to sing*
Oh Canada...I stand on guard for thee.

America doesn't have boxing day?

Nope. :)

Well we have a December 26th, but all we do on it is lay around the livingroom amongst piles of wadded up wrapping paper with distended bellies. The bravest among us go to Walmart and either buy crap on sale or return the crap they didn't want.

December 26th here is "back to work day" :( Or Kwanza for some. :)

Is Kwanzaa always on the 26th? I thought it was like Hanukkah. :unsure:

Yeah it starts on the 26th and lasts all week. They light a candle for each day but I don't remember what the candles symbolize.

Originally posted by dascoot@Dec 29 2005, 06:33 PM
all we do on it is lay around the livingroom amongst piles of wadded up wrapping paper with distended bellies.
:lol: That's what I do on boxing day.

The biggest sales of the year always happen on boxing day for us Canuckleheads. But I've never tried to brave the insane line-ups on that day. The crowds are big enough before Christmas. They are even worse on Boxing day.

*begins to stand on guard for thee*

Yeah we have the sales and the lines and all, we just call it "Day After Christmas Sales". Plus we have our Thanksgiving in November so that's when the shopping first gets nuts.

Originally posted by dascoot+Dec 30 2005, 02:31 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dascoot @ Dec 30 2005, 02:31 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Scythe@Dec 29 2005, 06:23 PM
I'd openly agree with all of that except for "funnier". It depends on what you find funny. [/b][/quote]
:unsure: jim carrey's canadian....

Yeah but Jim Carrey's just one man, not the standard for humour amongst Canadians.

See my superfluous U? :)

Besides I said it depends on what you find funny. If you like rubber-faced men who make funny noises, Jim Carrey's your man. But some people find him childish and banal. If you like caustic wit, maybe you'll find Jon Stewart or Bill Maher funny. But some people find them too political and boring. Dig?

When I was a wee lad I thought that Boxing day was a day when there was going to be a lot of Boxing fights on TV. I was that ignorant as a kid.

And then as I got older I thought that it was the day when everyone put their Christmas boxes away. In other words they would pack things up into boxes.

Personally I find the Brit's to be pretty humourous. I rank them number 1 on my personal laugh meter. Any one see Love Actually? That was pretty hilarious in my humble and ever so charming opinion.

Back