Wizard of Oz

ms_gwyn

Reaction score
The song that is/was currently advertsing the TBS and now WB broadcasting of The Wizard of Oz and a very popular song in the trailers.

Its driving me crazy, I know its a popular song but I can't remember the title of the song and who sung it.

Its in the vain of Moby's (and may be his) song off of his album Play.

One of the lines has something to the effect of "darling don't leave me, all by myself".

I would truly appreciate it if someone could help me out.

Ciao
Ms. Gwyn

Okay, I saw this promo a few days ago and really enjoyed the song playing in the background. Yes, I searched these forums first and found two old threads. Apparently, there was a promo when they showed the movie in years past that played a song by Moby and a song by Love & Rockets. Does anyone know if the recent promo is the same one as a few years ago? If not, does anyone know the new song they're using? I only caught part of it and I can't really remember how the song goes, just that I really liked it. I can't find the promo on the WB website and I've been watching the WB like crazy since Sunday, but I haven't seen the commercial again. Any help is appreciated!

Hey! Thanks for finding the commercial! I just hope that we can find out what the music is.

It sounds like something by Jem, but I have reviewed as many Jem songs as I can find, and no solid match. I will keep my eyes peeled in hopes that someone else can find it. Thanks again for posting the link to the commerical. Somewhere, there is an extended version (played in Seattle), but is the same song.
Cheers.

I also sampled as many love and rockets tunes as I could find, and none were close. Still looking...

Could it possibly be something from Moby? I know they used one of his songs from the 18 B Sides album on the Oz trailer two years ago. I wouldn't think they would reuse the same artist, but between the piano the voice in the commercial, it seems like something he could have done.

ps- is the person "ooahhing" a guy or a girl? at first it sounds like it could be a guy, but at the very end it sounds like a woman.

Pookie, where did you get the link to the trailer? I've put a good two hours at least into searching and I need a good starting point. Could you please send the link that came before the trailer?

Originally posted by sicklylook@Dec 26 2005, 04:02 PM
Pookie, where did you get the link to the trailer? I've put a good two hours at least into searching and I need a good starting point. Could you please send the link that came before the trailer?
Just now, for me I went to the WB website:

http://thewb.warnerbros.com/web/index.jsp

Typed "Wizard Of Oz" in the search box which led me to:

http://thewb.warnerbros.com/web/search/sea...&s=Wizard+Of+Oz

The first link says Wizard Of Oz. I clicked on that, a new window opens and plays the video.

Bam.

BUMP!

I cannot find this song! I've been searching for at least an hour every day. Any hints?

Back