History Rocks 1979

WAF07

Reaction score
Howdy,

Listening to a program on the history channel called "History Rocks, 1979," the particular song was on a segment about the overthrow of the Shah of Iran- song plays as newspaper headlines, photos and sound and video clips of the Shah and the Ayatollah Kohemeni are shown on screen.

it has a very steady beat and a male singer who reminds me of Billy Joel (early stuff).

Some lyrics I caught are a chorus of something like "Just tell me who I am" and the verses have rhymes to them (or at least similar sounding words repeated in them)- one includes the words logical and liberal in a list type thing

I tried searching but I don't think I have enough to work on as I didn't find anything.

Not much to work from but maybe someone can help.

Cheers,
Allen.

Without a doubt that was one of the greatest groups of the 70's. The song is off one of my top 10 albums of ALL FRICKING TIME!!!

Supertramp - The Logical Song off Breakfast In America.

This is definitely the song. Buy the album. EVERY SONG is perfect. Period.

Funny you should mention this song too. Back during the gas crunch of the 70's the radio station up here, WABX did a parody of this song that was quite funny. I wish I still had that tape. :(

That's it- thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Allen.

Back