Monk

qdarkness

Reaction score
Hello, I was wondering if anyone knew what the song that was playing when the commercial of Monk in a gym fixing the weights and stuff. This commercial was played at Friday 12/2/2005 9:45pm on the USA channel. If anyone knows the name of the song that would be great. Thanks in advance.

What is that new techno song on the monk commercial
I would really want to know
thanks

If anyone has seen it there is a commercial for the TV show Monk that has him working out in the gym. This is actually a clip from a show that is available online at the website. The question i have is about the trance song that is playing in the backround. If anyone has any info on the song or where the show got it from it would be appreciated.

sounds almost identical to "little june" by groove coverage when it goes off into the eurotrance part of the song (at about 1:10 on the mix i have)

I think the artist is the same artist whose music is used on the Jim Rome show (syndicated sports talk radio)

Jim Rome has talked about him before on the show...the artists name is Tom808 or Mic808 or "something" 808 (the "808" is a reference to the Roland 808 drum machine used )

more info (from the monk website)
they have the song source narrowed down to three possibles:

Darude : think Sandstorm

Skydive - Circles

Jeff Beal

more research to follow

Only thing I can find for 808 is 808 State. Most of his music is House music, and House doesnt sound anything like the song in the Monk commercial. Exactly what genre I could not say, but Eurotrance or Trance cause it maybe a Japanese DJ.. whoknows?? :angry: One would think you could find out who the song is by, or even the name of it would be helpful.. I am still looking around. Sounds kind of like something Paul Oakenfold or George Acusta would make. If I find it, I will deffinatly let you guys know :D

Well, here is a quick follow-up on what I have found.

808 State <-- Industrial House type music. Nothing they have is even close.

I have used the Skydive lead and this is what I found.

DJ Snowman - Skydive (Pulsedrive Remix) isnt it, its the same style of Trance though.. so it will sooth your need for the Monk commercial song until we can find it.

Skydive - Circles isnt it either

The Cynic Project is very similiar in the style of Trance, but they are more ambient.. they will hold you over too.

Cascada - Everytime We Touch is another good track to hold you guys over...

:D :D :D Give me time, I can find anything related to Trance if I want it bad enough, and this is one of thoes tracks that you just gotta have.

Well, having downloaded Skydive - Circles and listened to it while having the Monk commercial playing.. they two tracks are almost identical. Almost isnt enough, but being as close as they are to eachother.. it must be some remixed version of Circles.. as to which one im not sure.

K-System Azibi Remix isnt the right one

I will edit and add on to this list as i find different remixes of this song.

yep, I compared them too. Skydive's "Circles" is definitely not the same track. Similar sound, different notes.

Hahaha, you guys must not be trance fans. The note variation is probably 10% if that. Skydive - Circles (K-System Azibi Remix) is even closer than Skydive - Circles (Origional). There are something like 7 remixes for Circles, now if one of them isnt it I would be abundently supprised. It very well could be the wrong song or wrong group altogether. I cannot get any of the other remixes, so I am going to wait until someone finds the correct track or mix of whatever song it maybe. Somone out there has to know. :D :D :D

Alright boys and girls, here is the dissappointing news. The song is pure stock music, meaning one of their audio guys made it. The song is not commercially available, so unless you have a friend who works at USA or Northern Light Studios and knows the guy who made the song: no one is gonna get it. :eek: :( :angry:

Ok, I'm watching the Monk Marathon on USA and they run an ad for the new season. Nice background music, techno, I know I've heard it before but can't place it. Anyone able to throw me a bone here? :rolleyes:

no lyrics, strictly instrumental, good beat, obviously techno. That's about all I can give you right now. Ad ran at about 8:40 EDT on USA.

Monk is my favorite show & I was watching some of the marathon, too.

Definitely canned music, I think - like they got it from extrememusic.com or had it made custom.

That new show that was being advertised too, Psych, looks pretty good, too.

hey guys. i make trance music. and i pretty much can cover that song with the things i have from my keyboards and i think can tab it. unfortunately i have a lot of skool work. so it might take a while. good luck everyone cuz there could be something floating around.

Back