John Beal movie trailer music composer

maryangelo

Reaction score
I have read about John Beal, who was for at least twenty-five years the top composer of original scores for trailers. Over 500 film campaigns and 2,000 commercials!!

I guess it's pretty well known on this forum, that most music for trailers is tracked from the libraries of trailer companies or music library companies.

Does anyone know if he is still composing original music for trailers and is still considered to have written more original scores than anyone else? I looks that way over at soundtrack.net. No one else comes close.

Thank you,

Mary :rolleyes:

John Beal, who has composed original scores for film and TV, has also made a nice living composing music for film trailers in the style of other pieces, as requested by those who hire him. This piece is clearly influenced by John Williams' original trailer music for HOOK, which appears as track 1 on that soundtrack CD (Amazon page).

There is a 2-CD set of Beal's trailer music titled COMING SOON! out there (Amazon page), but it does not appear to include the track from the NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS trailer.

You may want to contact Beal via his website. I've contacted him in the past, and he was a very kind and appreciative person.

Back