Maybe I should be a photographer.

Bloodlessr

Might be alive
Reaction score
I just got an email from a graphic design agency that informed me that they used one of my photos in a Macy's catalog. That is the third time one of my photos has been published. One of my photos of the grand canyon is in a pamplet used by the National Parks Service and I have another photo of mine published in a some sort of trade magazine, I forget what it was now. I didn't get paid for any of this by the way which sucks but I was never expecting too so.

*gives the panties back*

Serious? Why would they just take your work and not pay you?

whoa...50 times cool man, congrats. you should go for it and take pic of women that are the hawtness

do these people pay you if you become a full timer?

Awesome!! I wish I could take pictures, mine always come out blurry...good thing I have the digital, so I can take a few to get it right!

That's so great!!

That's really cool! But it doesn't seem fair that they just use your work without paying you.

Well I upload all my decent photos on to stock exchange (http://www.sxc.hu) and I usally give full permission because that is kinda what the site is all about, free stock photography. You can set the permission but I choose not to, but I'm starting to think maybe I should. Then again, I bet the reason I'm getting all this usage is because the photos are full permission. Oh well, I still get credited so that fine I guess.

Ahh ok so you get a little "Photograph by Joe Have-a-sammich" at the bottom? Do they give viewers a way to find your other stuff?

No, I don't care though. I don't want to be a photographer anyways, its just a hobby that I rarely do.

Well la dee da. Can I have your camera then, Mr. Talented At Everything You Do Even The Stuff You Don't Care About?

Originally posted by dascoot@Dec 1 2005, 09:40 PM
Well la dee da. Can I have your camera then, Mr. Talented At Everything You Do Even The Stuff You Don't Care About?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

No, my camera cost me $450. Plus I'm not good at everything just the stuff that matters. :naughty:

Can you put it in a box and send it to:

Melissa
Over By The Tree
Near Tampa, FL

Cause that would be SO sexy. ;)

*fans self*

I have that Chandler thing, where I can smile real pretty like this --> :) and then as soon as a camera is aimed at me I do this --> :leela: So I usually just volunteer to be the photographer, but then everything comes out with thumbs or curls of hair across the center. :eek:k:

Not to self Mel no longer considered to shoot ANYTHING.

As for not getting paid, you have rights man...you need to get paid. My wife is a photog and people pay good money. Need to look into the legal aspects of that.

Back