E.L.O. song

Mogilny80

Reaction score
I was at a hockey game and they played a song, and I think it was E.L.O. but I'm not sure, but I've heard it thousands of times on the radio so it's kind of frustrating. What makes it hard to identify is that it's instrumental, or at least most of it is. What makes it stick out is there is a part where all of the music stops and there's this really cool acoustic guitar riff, and then all the other instruments come in, the drums are really damp sounding and there is what sounds like some kind of electric violin or something doing some really cool things. Does this sound familiar to anybody? I know it plays on classic rock stations pretty regularly.

Could it be "Do Ya" by E.L.O.? Without knowing the lyrics I'm just throwing out one of E.L.O.'s most popular songs.

Pretty sure, nobody really sounds like E.L.O. It's a pretty popular song, what sets it apart is that acoustic break and that really weird violin sounding thing.

Yes it is "Fire on High". I had to go to an ELO forum to find out, I had no idea there were so ELO fans, I had a reply within like 5 minutes and there were so many posts that my post was on the third page within like 20 minutes. Had I been a little more patient I would have found it out from you anyway, so thanks.

Back