Walmart home for the holidays

kristykat182

Reaction score
The walmart day after thanksgiving sale as a song the goes "I'll be home. Home for the holidays." It sounds country popish and it's a male vocal. Does anyone know the name and/or who sings it? This is killing me.

they've been playing it at the store non-stop.. i know that there is a version done by garth brooks and another by martina mcbride. i have no idea if it is just for wal-mart or if there is a title.. hope that helps a little!

Does anyone know who sings the Home For the Holidays version used in the Queen Latifah Walmart commerical? The commercial is about Queen Latifah and her mom going shopping for queen latifah's daughter. and they end up buying a gift card.

pretty sure its queen latifah singing...that line of commercials features singers (destiny's child, jesse mccartney, queen latifah, etc) and they all sing their own commercial

Does anyone know what song/commercial with either Garth Brooks or Tim Mcgraw i think where at the end hes singin "I'll be home for the holidays"? Thanks!

those home for the holidays commercials are just artists singing this little 30 second song in their respective 'unique sounds'. there are like 8 of them, all the same little song

Hi folks,

I've done an exhaustive search online for weeks now but to no avail. I wanted to wrap up adding all my favorite christmas songs on itunes to enjoy for next year. The one song that escapes me that I really enjoyed was a song sung on what I believe was a Kmart commercial with the words "I'll be home for the holidays..." A woman was singing the theme but beyond that I'm at a loss. Sorry I can't provide more beyond that...just know it was a really pretty tune. any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. cheers

k.. i think that is for Wal*Mart and I could be wrong, but I think the singer is Martina McBride.

Originally posted by triplej2676@Jan 17 2006, 09:19 PM
k.. i think that is for Wal*Mart and I could be wrong, but I think the singer is Martina McBride.
heya...methinks you are right! Apparently this was from *Wal-mart! Sorry I didn't check the forums a little bit before the post. I just found this link on someone asking the same question...and apparently a fairly popular one on the board during the holiday season. Seems like the general consensus is that no songs were fully recorded, just a few lyrics sung by different artists...booo (unless I'm wrong?)

Nevertheless, wish I knew about this board weeks ago, would have saved me alot sleuthing on the net! Better late than never...now I know where to go when I'm stomped by that particularly clever jingle or awesome old tune taken from obscurity.

I know this thread has been closed a LONG time...

I am the original singer for the "Home for the Holidays" campaign from 2005.

It was originally recorded here in Kansas City, with myself and the independent composer who wrote the song. It was submitted to Bernstein-Reign Ad agency, and picked up by Wal-Mart, who ended up having celebrities do 6-8 versions of it.

I do have an original recording of it, that was used in the non-celebrity spots (ran 3 days leading up to Thanksgiving)

I've been looking for those spots, but cannot find them anywhere!

Just wanted to drop my $.02 in!

Back