Lady in the Water

sicilybean12

Reaction score
Hi all. I just saw "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" -- AWESOME! -- but I'm actually wondering about a song I heard in a trailer before the movie started.

The trailer was for a new movie by M. Night Shyalaman, "Lady In The Water". I know it's Josh Groban singing, but I was wondering which of his songs it was? It's in Italian, I think, but I can't be sure. It's very, very beautiful -- anyone know it?

Thanks,

--sicilybean12

it should be online very soon.

It would have been good if I lived in America. I don't think I have ever seen a single trailer (in the last 5 years) in cinemas that I hadnt already seen.

I saw the same preview when I went to watch GOF!! The movie was AMAZING. Anywayz, I loved that song too. It was Josh Groban :) "Mi Mancherai" Beautiful Song. Enjoy!!

Thanks! I love Josh when he sings in Italian. Such a beautiful language. Hehe, my grandpa is full Sicilian and speaks Italian, and he liked the song when he heard it. :)

Thanks for the info!

The song was definitely Josh Groban, but I'm almost certain it was *not* "Mi Mancherai"...

Originally posted by shroomlet@Nov 21 2005, 12:29 PM
The song was definitely Josh Groban, but I'm almost certain it was *not* "Mi Mancherai"...
I just got the song and it is Mi Mancherai by Josh Groban and it's great. I love the trailer and this song..fits it so perfectly.

story wise, i dont know what to think about the movie. thriller or fairytail family film.

mermaids or warlock dragons.

this song is absolutely beautiful!! does anyone know the name of it? im not a huge josh groban fan, but i think thats his voice....

Anyone know where the music right at the end is from? It's not part of the same music, it's definetly more like James Newton Howard music. It plays when you hear the man's voice asking "how many of you are there?"

Please for the love of god does anyone know where they got the music from in the Lady in the Water Tv Spot. It's the Tv Spot with the little girl whispering "It's not in the closet, it's not under the bed. It's in the backyard!" and as soon as she stops whispering the music starts. It doesn't remain through the whole trailer I don't think. It sound like it could be James Newton Howard or Hans Zimmer. It's only been used in this Tv Spot.

THEATRICAL TRAILER
"Daydream" - Brand X
"Eternal Combat" - Brand X
"Gotcha" - Future World Music
"Netherworld" - Music Junkies
"Running Out Of Time" - Future World Music
"Technology Rules The World" - Brand X
"The Calling" - Brand X
"Uprising" - Brand X
Original Trailer Music - James Newton Howard

TEASER TRAILER
"Mi Mancherai (Il Postino)" - Josh Groban

If it's James Newton Howard you're searching for, check out the OST ;)

I know about all of those tracks. I found them on soundtrack.net's trailer music archive. I have the soundtrack. The problem with those tracks is that they are all the theatrical trailer. I'm looking for the music from the tv spot I've described above.

thanks hope someone will find the tv spot and recognize the music.

I minded you were talking about that, but I still tried ;) We don't have Lady in the Water in cinema yet, here so the tv spot ! (France).

Sorry ;)

Hello there. Firstly let me say I've checked soundtrack.net/trailers and they don't have what I'm looking for.

Can anyone tell me what the music is exactly after the little girl stops whispering. It's near the begining after you hear "the big bad wolf" tune play.

Thanks and help!

I watched your clip and am not sure what music you are trying to identify. If it is the low bass (as in uprights) sound..that sounds as though it may have been composed specifically for the movie (i.e.:James Newton Howard). If this is it, it should be available either on the movie's soundtrack (which I don't believe is out yet, but being it James Newton Howard, there will most likely be one). If this isn't the music that you are talking about, I'm sorry.

When you see the A bedtime story becomes real title the music is from Zimmer's The Thin Red Line. First track on the album.

Back