ID for some songs heard on the radio

Adamantios

Reaction score
The following are some lyrics I scribbled down while listening to a Greek radio station playing foreign songs:
  • Lyrics: "Take my breath away", "foolish love"; vocals by a female voice. (Note: I'm pretty sure that this song is not Soda Club - Take My Breath Away.)
  • Lyrics: "I just want to be yours", "so good to pretend", "crying again"; vocals by a male voice. (Note: This song sounds a lot like something by The Cure but, if it is, I have been unable to ID it.)
  • Lyrics: "Do you really want to hurt me", "do you really want to make me cry"; vocals by a female voice.
  • Lyrics: "Yes she caught my eye at a one-time buy", "flying high", "you're beautiful it's true", "cuz I'll never be with you"; vocals by a male voice.
  • Lyrics: "The color the people the sounds"; vocals by a female voice. (Note: this is an electronic song.)
Any help identifying any of these songs is greatly appreciated.

Hoping I can help you with a few of them.

#1 - "take my breath away",,2 versions, 1 by Berlin from the "top gun" movie soundtrack. Jessica Simpson then did a remake of it a year ago.

#3 - "do you really want to hurt me",,only version I know is by the Culture Club. Lead singer, Boy George, can sound like a female.

#4 - "you're beautiful", sung by James Blunt.

thats all I know for now!

Hope it helps!

i think i might have an answer to song #3...
the original is by Boy George and the Culture Club
"Do You Really want To Hurt Me"

but i found a group called Blue Lagoon (female singer)
"Do You Really Want To Hurt Me"
on Juno Records

hope this is it :D

don't know the other ones :(

Thanks for all the help to both of you.

The first song, I believe, was indeed Berlin - Take My Breath Away.

I don't believe that the third song was the original by Culture Club as the vocals didn't sound feminine enough from what I remember hearing. I listened to several covers of the song with female vocals (there are quite a few out there) and the cover by Blue Lagoon seemed the closest to what I remember hearing (though I don't remember a reggae influence when I heard the song on the radio) so that may very well be what I was looking for.

The fourth song is undoubtably James Blunt - You're Beautiful. (Though I was pretty off on some of the lyrics!)

Now if only I could figure out the remaining two songs I'd be all set...

From the clip I listened to that doesn't appear to be it but thanks anyways.

I know this is an old post....but I know #2

It is Robert Smith from the cure singing for Junior Jack's song "Da Hype".

Back