Subway

version2

Reaction score
its in the new subway commercial with the animals attracted to the subway, also used in "catch me if you can". "i can see...the love... is in... your eyes...". or something. female vocals. make sure you've seen the ad so you know which version (i have a feeling there might be more than one) im talking about. thanx in advance

Hello there.

The song is called "The Look of Love", which evidently is a quite a jazz classic based on the numerous renditions of it you'll find on iTunes. I believe the particular version in the Subway commercial is sung by Sonia V off of her album entitled I Wish You Love. You can find it on iTunes. By the way, Diana Krall has a pretty nice rendition of this classic as well off of her The Look of Love album, which is also available on iTunes.

Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot. Who sings the original [out of curiosity (...sp?)]? And which version do you think is the best overall? Because your opinion matters!

Hey version2,

They played that commercial tonight during the Monday Night Football game so I TiVo'ed it. After replaying it over and over again, I realize that I was wrong about the artist who sings that version in the commercial. The song is definitely "The Look of Love" but it's definitely by someone else.

The song was originally written by the songwriting team of Burt Bacharach and Hal David in the 1960s and the legendary Dusty Springfield was the first OF MANY artists to cover that song. If you want the entire list, then go to http://www.secondhandsongs.com/song/18688.html

As far as which one is the best? I don't know. Haven't heard them all. The one by Diana Krall is pretty good especially if you like being reminded of smoke-filled, scotch-tinged jazz lounge sort of scene. But the one in the Subway ad is better and that's saying something since Krall is no slouch. Unfortunately, I can't figure out who sings it. The woman's voice reminds me of Dido or Jem but I just can't put my finger on it.

If you or anyone on here can figure it out, then please enlighten us.

Thanks in advance.

Here's the final word on this.

I received a call today from a Subway customer service representative, who got her information from Subway's marketing division. Here's the final word.

That version of "The Look of Love" was done exclusively for that commercial. It's not available anywhere online or from Subway; and what's even worse, the rep was unable to provide me with the singer's name.

Ah well. There's always Diana Krall's version.

Thanks guys! But I want to know where I can find the special commercial version. Someone call Subway HQ right now!

Back