Target holiday 2005

greendale

Reaction score
Sorry to ask yet another Target commercial theme song question, but who's the artist/song title for the new holiday 2005 one? Commercial is the usual assortment of people being festive, one fatherly type rescuing the turkey off the edge of the table. The music is Earth, Wind and Fire-like and "spread a little love around" is somewhere in the lyrics -- but I can't find any songs that they sing that in. Does anyone know?

Has this been answered yet? I've been looking, too.

Thanks!

if its the same one answered a week or so ago it is ELO - livin thing

You rock for finding it! At least I can listen online when I need my fix... :)

Hi everyone, me again. I work for Target Corporation and we had our annual fall meeting last week and they announced that the Earth Wind and Fire song used in our Holiday commercials this year will be released as a full length single and will be on the radio.

So don't fret if you like the song, it will be available soon.

In the commercial with the different sets triplets opening gifts, the song that is used is "Boogie Wonderland" by Earth, Wind, and Fire.

Yep. It is a Earth Wind and Fire song exclusive to Target for "The Gathering." And the "triplet" girls, seen briefly at the table after the Mother puts the turkey on the table, are really quads. http://www.mathiasquads.org .

ok, all the above songs are great, but who sings the song in the Target holiday spot where the dad is hanging lights outside and they keep flickering. the lyrics are "star bright, star light..." and the music is pretty funky. the spot is on their website and is called "the lighting".

any ideas? this is a killer holiday song...

happy hollandaise,

sw3k

Yeah, I think it's the same song that they (Earth, Wind and Fire) performed on the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree Lighting Special on NBC last night..... I haven't heard it anywhere else but there and the dad decorating the lawn commercial.
I'm 99% sure it's a new EWF song.

Sidewinder..the song is "Star", also by Earth, Wind and Fire...you're right the ad reminded me how great the song is...and and thus another itunes purchase...

"Star" by EW&F is such a great song! And RobDVC it's not new. I played it in band (yes I'm a geek) in high school about 10 years ago. You can find it here. Track #6

HINT: for all you people that want the Boogie Wonderland song, it can be downloaded on a program with some Lime and some Wire hehe
Corey

Hi, I called the customer service of Target and they gave me the info.

Earth, Wind and Fire: Boogie Wonderland also listen to Let's Groove.

hope this helps.

Originally posted by TaxNegotiator@Dec 9 2005, 12:10 PM
Star is a single on "I AM" an album which debuted in 1981.

http://www.sonymusicstore.com/store/catalo...451&skuId=61502
Actually it debuted in 1979 on the album "I AM." This is the same album that contains Boogie Wonderland, After the Love is Gone, etc.

01. In the stone
02. Can't let go
03. After the love has gone
04. Let your feelings show
05. Boogie wonderland
06. Star
07. Wait
08. Rock that!
09. You and I

With the constant reissues and remastered versions coming out all the time its easy to get them all confused. Even Sony messed it up and the original recording is on their label, Columbia. Go figure!

PS: both Star and Boogie Wonderland are in dual commercials currently airing for Target.

RobDVC, Souvien and Burdnest,
thanks for the tag team on the "Star" song by EWF. It goes right up there with stevie wonder's "that's what christmas means to me" as an all-time great pop x-mas tune,
you all get the assist,
sidewinder3000

Back