Paper Ideas

Enyone

Pro Member
Reaction score
Alright the difference between a problem and an issue is well a problem is anything deemed unacceptable and an issue is anything that anyone disagrees on.So my task on this project is to define an issue and then to explore it as fully as possible by finding and presenting to your readers as complete a spectrum of viewpoints as possible. Take the abortion issue, for example. Too often we label everyone as either pro-choice or pro-life as if all members of each group were in solidarity with one another. Yet within each group there can be differing positions, differing principles, and even strong disagreement. Many people will oppose abortion on the basis of religious belief. So that would be one stance. But might it be possible for an atheist to oppose abortion? Obviously and atheist would not argue that abortion is wrong because God is the author of human life. So upon what basis might an atheist oppose abortion? That would be your second stance or position. Your third position, of course, would be the pro-choice position.

I need some suggestions for a topic :)

Oh yea and he doesn't care what we think or what side we are on... <_<

The abortion topic is good cause you're right, there are many different viewpoints on it. Like you can think abortion is morally wrong on a religious perspective but be pro-chioce for several different reasons. :)

But if you're wanting a different topic well hmmm..... I'll have to think about that one.

Originally posted by Enyone@Nov 9 2005, 07:00 AM
Oh yea and he doesn't care what we think or what side we are on... <_<
Thats a good teacher. I've got alot bad grades on papers because of my conservative viewpoints even though all my papers were written well.

Originally posted by Enyone@Nov 9 2005, 09:59 AM
So upon what basis might an atheist oppose abortion?
Morality:
Moral values are often dictated by faith and or religion, but not always. Atheists do have moral values. Atheism is not a license to go around shooting people. Atheists consider morality as a set of widely accepted rules required for the efficient functioning of a society. They just refuse to accept that god established those rules; They consider the acceptance of those rules based on a wide human consensus.
Even the Word of God is delivered to us thru man anyways.

These rules could be based on many things: For example,
terminating a life is wrong period;
it is wrong to compare the value of two lives;
talking away anybody's liberty is wrong;
that a lot of abortion methods today are extremely inhumane and painful for the fetus, etc.

Yes, but I was just giving an example. I need a topic

A pancake is neitha a pan or a cake.. DISCUSS!

I'm still thinking Erika, I can't come up with any good ideas. :(

What about umm.. what about taxes? There's pros and cons for em, and each side has sub-opinions on like how much is too much, where the money should be allocated to, etc.

Sorry it's so generic. :(

FCC regulation of airwaves: Should all radio be made suitable for 8 year olds?
Should steroids be allowed in sports?
Should Supreme Court justices be appointed for life?

Originally posted by dascoot@Nov 9 2005, 08:05 PM
A pancake is neitha a pan or a cake.. DISCUSS!

I'm still thinking Erika, I can't come up with any good ideas. :(
:lol:

How come underage perps are sometimes tried as an adult, but NEVER when the crime is buying beer?

i think someone is doing that

ok we have sex education in school- taken
umm doctors killing patients, or telling them how- taken
that shivero lady- taken

all these are ''social issuse'' i want something that's not too common.. like God

Originally posted by Sir_Garland@Nov 9 2005, 11:27 PM
What's that called when a guy believes in multiple wives?
You mean polygamy?

Edit: Polygyny

Back