.iso. to .exe ?

Gussler

Pro Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to convert an .iso file to .exe?

I'm downloading a game but all the application files are .iso images. I don't know exactly how to convert it to .exe or to at least something that would make it run.

Thanks!

Do you have an emulator for the game? I'm pretty sure you dont need to convert it.

Actually ... my apologies ...

I go to the Max Payne 2 folder and it has two .iso files: MP2_Play.iso and MP2_Install.iso - and then there's another folder called Patch+Crack which contains MaxPayne2.exe and MaxPayne2_v1-01_Patch.exe and another MaxPayne.nfo

I guess that's it then. Sorry!

Cool. Max Payne is ok, you beat it pretty quick but its definitly a good game to download. ;)

sure is :) I love MP2. got it for PS2 like when it came out. I just bought a new computer today and tried the MP2 demo first. OMG I can turn everything all the way up to the max (graphic wise ya know) and damn! it's soooooo smoooooooth, sharp, and detailed! :)

HP Pavilion a1250n - 250gig HD - 1.0 gig Mem - 3800 AMD Anthlon 64 x2 Processor :nerd:

Nice. I'm still running a custom built (by me) 1.8ghz Athlon, 512mb ram and about 80gig on two hard drives. I can play Half-Life 2, thats all I care about. I need money to upgrade so I can play F.E.A.R. its so sweet but it runs like shit on my comp. :(

F.E.A.R. looks pretty good. I was always interested in Far Cry: Instincts. but I don't know. I'm a REAL big fan of realistic games, like some shooters. I'm not too much into the futuristic games or fantasy things ya know. MP is good, Hitman (oh man, the new one's coming out this jan!) and some sports. I like Colin McRae Rally, but what I dont like about the PC is that the buttons aren't tuch-sensetive :( but I have heard about the PS2-like controllers that you can hook up to your PC with USB :)

Far Cry is kinda cool, nothing special though. The map maker is the best part.

neeeeeeeeerds..

but seriously, this is what you need to do:

Get a program called Daemon tools. Or any phantom CD/DVD drive program. Basically it creates an imaginary cd or dvd drive on your computer (made by elves). It makes your computer think you have more disk drives than it really does. Then right click on the daemon tools icon in the system tray and choose "Virtual CD/DVD Rom" and the drive that you've created, and then "mount image" then you mount (ha-ha...mount) the .iso, .bin, .cue or whatever file you need to. This makes it as if you had inserted a real cd into a real cd drive. Autoplay should start up and yadda yadda. After this, you can install it just like you would any other game, or you can burn from the phantom drive to another real DVD/CD in your REAL dvd/cd burner. (that disk will work like a normal disc now). Then copy the .exe in the crack folder into the folder where you have the game installed. This new .exe should replace the old .exe and is usually a smaller file.
lather, rinse and repeat.

Enjoy your game!

actually, if you do it like that and enable daemon tools' emulation options, you dont even need the crack (if the iso files are good, at least)

This whole thread makes me feel kinda funny, like when we used to climb the rope in gym class.

:lol: We didn't either, but the imagery stands on its own. :eek:k:

Who came up with the idea of having kids climbling UP a rope?

Nah it's all ok. but thanks for all the help though.

MP2 is at 88% right now - yes it went very slowly. I'm so happy with my new computer :) :nerd: I can run like 5 superbig programs at the same time and play a videogame without any trouble :) very important to know indeed.

I've been playing Shadow of Colossus for the PS2, so sweet. I recommend it for sure. :eek:k:

PLEASE HELP!!!!!! :cry: I installed MP2 but when I try to play it, it says it's missing this KF2MFC.dll file - I downloaded that and now it's whining about e2mfc.dll!! but I can't find it anywhere! Well, I HAVE, but it's not for free <_<

Never mind. found it. Now it's asking for ANOTHER .dll file. damn.

Back