Payless

skern15

Reaction score
ok in this new payless commercial....there's this woman and a truck (that's all i can remember), and i think i hear the lyrics "it's just like heaven", but it is definetly NOT the song "just like heaven" by the cure. hopefully this commercial will start to come on a lot more! thanks for any help!

I have not seen this commercial, and I know you said it wasn't The Cure, but could it be the cover of "Just Like Heaven" by Katie Melua? Or possibly "Orange Crush" by REM? "Angel Baby" by Angelica or a cover of this song?

Female singer? Male singer? I wish I'd seen the commercial.

-Laura

i'll check those ones out that you gave mentioned......it was a male singer by the way

but thank you for your help, i appreciate it!

I too would like to know about this ad and the song behind it. I checked the songs listed be the previous poster and came up with nothing.

I think it may be a josh rouse song. I am poking through his songs but am not sure until I can catch the commercial again. Does anyone know the channels its playing on?

I see this commercial often and I have tried unsuccessfully (because the only available snippet of lyric is so short!) to locate it. I can't remember for certain which channels it's on, but I'm guessing based on the channels I watch (therefore the potential channels on which I see it) it could be:

Bravo
Comedy Central
USA Network
A & E
or VH-1

That doesn't narrow it down too well, does it? :unsure:

There's a bit of lyric just before the "just like heaven", I think it's something like, "wish it was". If that helps. I'll keep searching.

I tried to locate the lyric within what I could find of Joshua Rouse's lyrics online, but I had no success.

I hope it's not just another "made for commercial" situation (though companies are well within their rights to commission such, it's just disappointing when they do and hog 'em all to themselves!). These companies would benefit so greatly from a P.R. standpoint if they all offered commissioned songs on their web sites, or at least made available the details of music in their commercials if they're non-commissioned, otherwise-available pieces. It fosters good feelings and great word-of-mouth. I remember the neverending VW Beetle commercials that had great music, and how VW had the foresight to include info on the music on their site. Everybody I know had gone to the VW site to check out the ad info at least once, that's great for the brand!

First post here, sorry for the rabbiting on. Love this site. I visit it all the time! Simply indispensible. :D

good job so far!......another part of the lyrics i remember hearing were.... "it's just like heaven...crashing into you". hope this helps a little more. but it does seem liek this is gonna be a challenge to find!!! :eek:

No luck so far with the additional phrase, but I will keep trying, and hopefully someone will come along who knows the song! Or eventually someone will post about it in a blog or something, and google will spider it. :)

Add to the potential channel list for this commecial:

ABC Family

(What can I say? I get the "Gilmore Girls" reruns...oh, for shame...) :blink:

Saw it again on Lifetime earlier. Strained my ears through the copy to be able to hear the lyrics, for sure they're "[...] wish it was [...] it's just like heaven [...] crashing into you". Male voice of not too high, not too low pitch. Quite a nice voice actually. But not immediately recognisable (to my ear anyway).

Still no clue about the title or the performer. The lack of information on search engines plus the fact that the song is so "tailor made" to the commercial (even though the lyrics in snippet form make little sense, the truck crashing and all the boots spilling out in time to the words could just be a smooth move I suppose) makes me think this is either by an emerging artist (a la the latest Trojan commercial "this is our love" song) or a commissioned piece. :(

Hi, I'm also trying to figure out this song. She's throwing a coin into a fountain and making a wish (apparently for shoes), when a truck drives by and the back opens up, and lots of shoes and boots fall out. I've seen the ad on ABC, and it's a male singer. Thanks. :)

I just wrote the company in hopes to have a formal reply to end my madness!

Please keep us posted!

Saw it again earlier and think perhaps I was wrong and the first bit wasn't "wish it was true," it's actually pretty darn mumbled and I've no idea what he's saying, but the first word sounds like "wish" and the last word sounds vaguely "true". Go figure.

edited this comment- payless gave me the wrong song *sad* *calls them back*

Back