I Love the 80s 3D

CoreyDL18

Reaction score
There is a song playing in the background during the part where all the panelists are talking about the Muncheechees (spelling?) and I have heard it before, it is a very famous music (electronic) sounding like a synthesizer, then there is a guy that starts saying some words, but i cant make it out because there is too much talking. But, I really like this song! Can anyone help identify it for me?
Thanks!
Corey

PS Sunday evening VH1 is playing all 10 episodes, and the part im referring to is in the first 10-15 mins of the 1983 episode ;)

Its this song during the last 20 minutes of all of the 3D ones where it says to go online and check out more I love the 80's 3D stuff and theres this clip from a song and it goes "I Want To Rock" and its very rockish. Thats all i can explain from it. Please Help!!!!

What's that song where they show the music video with the mannequins? The say how western america was introduced to scratching. Also, the mannequin jacking off in the bed... :blink:

Is it You Spin Me Round by Dead or Alive? Alot of 80's music is electronic and alot of them have male vocals so...

Nope, I know its not that. It was a little slower than that. I wish I had more info other than the Munchichi part.
Thanks!
Corey

I Love The 80s 3D 1983

Hey all, it's been awhile! I caught a repeat of "I Love The 80's 3D: 1983" on VH1 tonight, and I heard this song that I had completely forgotten about. It was played during the "Monchichi" monkey segment. I'd say it's circa 1982-1985. The part of the song that was played is simlar in style to the keyboards at the beginning of "Centerfold" by J. Geils Band or "Walk Of Life" by Dire Straits (it's a "high pitch" keyboard like in those songs). Sounds like "duda duda doo_doo_doo" "duda duda doo_doo_doo," and then a giutar comes in later. Does anybody have a clue?
Thanks~

Damn, I wish I heard it so I could help you out. I am sick with the 80's tunes.

I wish you had too! Checking out your "What has my lame ass listened to lately?" link, you look like a master in the art of 80's :D I'll check the VH1 website to see when this episode will be on again, and maybe I can post a sound clip. Thanks for the help!

Okay, this episode aired again last night and I set the Tivo to record it. There's a sound sample available here:
http://rapidshare.de/files/10207736/80_s_3...chichi.mp3.html

You’ll need to scroll to the bottom, click “Free”, and probably let it count down about a minute before you can download. You may have to come back another time if too many people are on RapidShare at once. As far as I know, there should be no limits or expiration.

Thanks

"Come Dancing" by The Kinks.

Yep yep. So many peoples questions can be answered that much more easily when a sample is provided.

Thanks ad-rock for the sample and jca for the answer.

Of course! It's all coming back to me now.
Thanks a lot guys! :)

Back