Advertising

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Status

Default GMC truck assembly line

Sponsored Links

I saw this commercial for GMC trucks where the are showing trucks rolling down an assembly line and talking about how they don't know how their trucks will be used so they make them good enough for anything. The music is this really funky song that I must find the name of. Please Help!

Status

"Use Me" by Bill Withers

Status

I too wanted to know who sang this! While looking on the net, I found your entry, making it all that more nagging in my head. You know, it's just playing over and over, driving you to spend hours on the net looking for the answer! So I went on a mission and discovered this great site along the way. With my quest complete, I have returned and registered to the site to give you the answer!

I first thought it sounded like Jose Feliciano. But he never did anything funky like this. Then I remembered that this was a song used in the soundtrack for Any Given Sunday. Found the album online, but the song wasn't on it! Could my vast library of useless knowledge possibly be wrong? Can't be...

I continued to dig. I even contemplated going and getting the DVD. But I finally found it! The song list from the movie of every bit of music used included the bits that didn't get included on the soundtrack. The Internet is a wonderful, powerful thing!!!

So here it is. The singer who also sang "Lean On Me" and "Ain't No Sunshine", Bill Withers with the slow-tempo, growling funky song "Use Me"!!! There's your answer and hopefully you'll go out to enjoy the whole song and stop the cm from driving you nuts!

Status

Awesome. I just started Google searching this commercial and boom heres the answer. Good job, and thanks. I also looked at the Any Given Sunday soundtrack and was pissed cuz I knew that song was on there.

Status

ok my dad had said he saw a GMC spot for a truck with a song that has the words "use me" in it...he asked me to find the song to it, anyone have any ideas on what the song is called or who it is by???

Status

Hi there,

Is it?:

Bill Withers - Use Me

~ Mia ~