Suggest a cool song we might not have heard?

i see this being moved to the "other music" forum

my suggestion is

the jim carroll band - it's too late

hmm
'Tiger, My Friend' by Psapp
'Dinosaurs' by Bonobo
'Paperhouse' by Can
'Hendrix with Ko' by Manitoba (Caribou)
'Unspoken' by Four Tet
'All Bad Ends All' by The Books
'Until Then' by Broadcast
...eh, I can never list just one :p

Good choices easilywow and I thought I was the only person who listens to that stuff ;)

Originally posted by Bloodlessr@Aug 26 2005, 05:01 PM
Good choices easilywow and I thought I was the only person who listens to that stuff ;)
ha, thanks :)
I thought I was the only one, too.
We should exchange some musical interests sometime.

Easilywow, You are 17? Your taste for music should be an example for all young adults your age. Your musical taste is very impressive and hot!

I love Psapp and I enjoyed the Merediths!

Here's my suggestion for what it's worth Warning Siren (Featuring Matty Safer of the Rapture) by Tiefschwarz & Matty Safer. It's a bit different, but I like it a lot.

Haven't posted in ages but this thread is really my kind of thing! GJ!

Here are a few songs I've come accross in the past 3-4 months that I just love! (Mostly electronic stuff, some techno, some Acid Jazz and some downtempo).

- Pushy by Lemon Jelly (Pushy single CD, very very rare but anything by LJ is worth it)
- Little Girl Blue (Postal Service Remix) by Nina Simone (On the Verve Remix 3 CD)
- Puff Dragon by Chinese Radio (hard to find)
- Turn Around (Norman Cook remix) by Phats & Small (Anything by these guys is a party in a can!)
- Someone Like Me by Royksopp (The Understanding CD)
- Mary (Junkie XL Radio Edit) by Scissor Sisters
- When I Think of You [12" Vocal Edit] by Crickets vs Funkstar de Luxe (Hed Kandi: Disco Kandi 05.04 [UK CD] Disc 1)
- Aquarius by Freddy & Herman (The Chillout Sessions, Vol. 3 Disc 2)
- I Like That (Full Length Version) by Bodyrockers (I Like The Way (Remixes) CD)
- The Joker (ATFC's Aces High Remix) by Fatboy Slim (Fresh & Funky House Anthems CD2)
- You Are We by Ian Pooley (You Are We Whitelabel Vinyl)
- 13th movement by Crazy Penis (24 hour psychedelic freakout)
- Music & Wine [Th' Attaboy Vocal] by Blue 6 (Bare Essentials, Vol. 1)
- Ida y Vuelta by Savannah (Nude Dimensions, Vol. 3)
- In My Arms by Mylo (Destroy Rock & Roll CD)
- Happiness by Pizzaman [AKA Norman Cook, AKA FatboySlim]
- That Big Track by Steve Mac vs Mosquito (Fresh & Funky House Anthems CD1)
- Guantanamera by Tito Puente & His Latin Jazz Ensemble (Live)
- Girls (orginal mix) by Future Funk (remix of Girls Just Want to Have Fun... really good!)
- Smile (Smirky mix) by The Youngsters (Lemonorange CD)
- Turntable Turbulance by Idjut Boys
- Seaside by George Pallikaris (Silk CD)
- At The Beach by Minus 8 (Minuit CD)
- Summer Nights by Lil'Rob
- Also Sprach Zarathustra by Eumir Deodato (Prelude CD from 1972!!!!)

Well... I guess I got carried away...

(Sorry for not linking to samples... would have been way too much work!)

Oh and for anyone wanting to learn about electronic music (which means pretty much EVERYTHING thats on CD these days) check out Ishkur's Guide To Electronic Music. There are over 200 samples and TONS of music to discover. The guide has even been added to the curiculum of a course on music at Harvard... no kidding.

Enjoy!

JB

Originally posted by Insomnia@Aug 27 2005, 07:09 AM
Easilywow, You are 17? Your taste for music should be an example for all young adults your age.
seconded; i thought i was the only one.... *wipes tear*

Originally posted by Insomnia@Aug 26 2005, 09:09 PM
Easilywow, You are 17? Your taste for music should be an example for all young adults your age. Your musical taste is very impressive and hot!
Hahha, yeah I'm 17.
Thanks. I strive to...discover as much as possible, 'til I find what I consider to be the most rare, aesthetic, and capturing. When I'm not doing anything, I discover about 15 artists per day, in music. It's weird...I'm kind'a a movie person, a music person, and a book person..but I'm not really any of those...all are just slight hobbies. I guess I just try to find the best in everything; the ideal type. Oh yes. :p
If you're bored, oddmusic.com is a favourite of mine (go to "Gallery"). Case you haven't heard of it.

Originally posted by JamesB0MB@Aug 27 2005, 07:48 AM
Haven't posted in ages but this thread is really my kind of thing! GJ!

Here are a few songs I've come accross in the past 3-4 months that I just love! (Mostly electronic stuff, some techno, some Acid Jazz and some downtempo).

- Pushy by Lemon Jelly (Pushy single CD, very very rare but anything by LJ is worth it)
- Little Girl Blue (Postal Service Remix) by Nina Simone (On the Verve Remix 3 CD)
- Puff Dragon by Chinese Radio (hard to find)
- Turn Around (Norman Cook remix) by Phats & Small (Anything by these guys is a party in a can!)
- Someone Like Me by Royksopp (The Understanding CD)
- Mary (Junkie XL Radio Edit) by Scissor Sisters
- When I Think of You [12" Vocal Edit] by Crickets vs Funkstar de Luxe (Hed Kandi: Disco Kandi 05.04 [UK CD] Disc 1)
- Aquarius by Freddy & Herman (The Chillout Sessions, Vol. 3 Disc 2)
- I Like That (Full Length Version) by Bodyrockers (I Like The Way (Remixes) CD)
- The Joker (ATFC's Aces High Remix) by Fatboy Slim (Fresh & Funky House Anthems CD2)
- You Are We by Ian Pooley (You Are We Whitelabel Vinyl)
- 13th movement by Crazy Penis (24 hour psychedelic freakout)
- Music & Wine [Th' Attaboy Vocal] by Blue 6 (Bare Essentials, Vol. 1)
- Ida y Vuelta by Savannah (Nude Dimensions, Vol. 3)
- In My Arms by Mylo (Destroy Rock & Roll CD)
- Happiness by Pizzaman [AKA Norman Cook, AKA FatboySlim]
- That Big Track by Steve Mac vs Mosquito (Fresh & Funky House Anthems CD1)
- Guantanamera by Tito Puente & His Latin Jazz Ensemble (Live)
- Girls (orginal mix) by Future Funk (remix of Girls Just Want to Have Fun... really good!)
- Smile (Smirky mix) by The Youngsters (Lemonorange CD)
- Turntable Turbulance by Idjut Boys
- Seaside by George Pallikaris (Silk CD)
- At The Beach by Minus 8 (Minuit CD)
- Summer Nights by Lil'Rob
- Also Sprach Zarathustra by Eumir Deodato (Prelude CD from 1972!!!!)

Well... I guess I got carried away...

(Sorry for not linking to samples... would have been way too much work!)

Oh and for anyone wanting to learn about electronic music (which means pretty much EVERYTHING thats on CD these days) check out Ishkur's Guide To Electronic Music. There are over 200 samples and TONS of music to discover. The guide has even been added to the curiculum of a course on music at Harvard... no kidding.

Enjoy!

JB
wow, I love that website

Originally posted by easilywow+Aug 27 2005, 12:12 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (easilywow @ Aug 27 2005, 12:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JamesB0MB@Aug 27 2005, 07:48 AM

Enjoy!

JB
wow, I love that website [/b][/quote]
You're welcome. :elvis: :peace:

Originally posted by JamesB0MB+Aug 27 2005, 03:34 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JamesB0MB @ Aug 27 2005, 03:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by easilywow@Aug 27 2005, 12:12 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-JamesB0MB
@Aug 27 2005, 07:48 AM

Enjoy!

JB

wow, I love that website
You're welcome. :elvis: :peace: [/b][/quote]
haha, I'm sorry
Thank you. :)

listen to some FEAR BEFORE THE MARCH OF FLAMES if you feel like listening to some hardcore music.

:ph34r:

Back