Pantene with Maria Menounos

tritchls

Reaction score
There was this commercial ona few nights ago fea. something called 'Pantene curls collection'? I think thats what it was called, anyway the music in the commercail fea. a piano with a female singer, it was kind of upbeat, the lyrics were 'everybody got that something'

I'm trying to find out the name of the song (sung by a woman singer) in the newer Pantene commercial with Maria Menounos. I thought at first it was Nikka Costa singing, but I'm not so sure anymore. I think the singer is saying, "everybody's got something"..."you really got that something." Tried to google it, but no luck. Any help would be much obliged.

From Pantenes site: "We love the music, too! We have 4 different commercials airing with 4 catchy songs.

The commercial with the dark haired woman by the fountain and the words, "I Believe in Miracles" has the tune by Hot Chocolate called "You Sexy Thing."

Do you like the one with the girls in the bumper cars at the Amusement Park? That's a song called "Electric Avenue" by Eddie Grant.

Or, you may have seen our commercial with the women doing the high kicks and having fun while getting tough. The Commodores sing that famous "Brick House."

How about our commercial featuring our Pantene Full & Thick products? That's Maxine Nightingale singing "Right Back Where We Started From."

No matter which one is your favorite, the commercials can put a song in your heart and a challenge to your head. We hope you'll take the challenge and have stronger, shinier hair in just 10 days!

Have a great hair day!"

Its a pantene ad with a brunette girl. The music in the back ground sounds like a woman saying "everybody got there something" but im not sure. Does anybody know this song?

I heard this song yesterday that I remember hearing many times before... the only words that I could get were, "Girl I got that somethin...". There's a really catchy tune in the backround.

The song sounds kinda R&B... any help?

I apologize for how vague this is. There was a commercial for some lady product (I can't remember which), but I managed to figure out the name of the song in the commercial. The song is "Everybody Got Their Something" by Nikka Costa. Now here is my question: I am almost 100% that this song is a cover/remake/rip-off of some oldie but I can't figure out which. Does anyone know what the name of that song is?

Originally posted by crapman99@Aug 13 2008, 11:10 PM
I am almost 100% that this song is a cover/remake/rip-off of some oldie but I can't figure out which. Does anyone know what the name of that song is?
"Everybody Got Their Something" by Nikka Costa has appeared in several commercials and soundtracks and is often compared to "If You Want Me to Stay" by Sly and the Family Stone. It is also similar to "Cherry Lips" by Garbage.

Feel free to compare the songs:

"Everybody Got Their Something" by Nikka Costa
Download it from Amazon.

versus

"If You Want Me to Stay" by Sly & the Family Stone
Download it from Amazon.

versus

"Cherry Lips (Go Baby Go)" by Garbage
Download it from Amazon.

Oh my God. Thank you sooo much. I was thinking of the Sly and Family Stone song. I've been trying to figure out the name to this song for YEARS. You rock! YOU ROCK!!!! God I love Adtunes.

Originally posted by crapman99@Aug 16 2008, 12:03 AM
God I love Adtunes.
You are welcome.

And Adtunes loves you as well. ;)

Back