Scream

y33haw

Reaction score
Hi folks, it's me again :D

I am searching for the song name and interpret of the song which got
played quite at the beginning of scream 1. Normally I find such songs by
myself, but unfortunally the song is not listed at www.stlyrics.com =(
So I'll describe the scene when it got played now...

First of all - as I already mentioned - it's quite at the beginning of the film

the scene to this song is taken from bird's eye view of a wide, green grassland
nerved by a tiny path on which the protagonists are, if I am not mistaken...
the song itself sounds a bit groovy and calm und might could be made by
an organ, bass or guitar... hard to define... at the first moment I assumed,
that a band like deep purple made the song... hopefully someone knows here
or has the DVD ^^

At least up to this point where the soundtrack ends in this film there are no vocals !
Do you have the DVD ? I could try to explain this certain spot a bit more, so that
it's easier to find the spot, I mean ... but actually it already is quite good explained...
well, in this scene it's approximately midday and I think before the scene
the first murder happened... so maybe the scene takes place at the high school,
I'm not sure... hmmm... quite tricky...
one thing is for sure, ths soundtrack I am searching does exist and isn't listed
at stlyrics.com ( http://stlyrics.com/s/scream.htm ), which is pretty unusual...

There's a bird's eye view when Sidney walks in front of the school. A part of the score is playing. Then Tatum meets up with her, and they talk about the deaths that happened the night before. The score playing during that scene is called "Trouble in Woodsboro," I believe. It is on the soundtrack.

After Sidney is questioned by the police, there is a bird's eye view of the campus. The gang of friends are sitting by a fountain. I think there is a rock song playing at that point, but it's really hard to hear and it quickly cuts to part of Marco Beltrami's score when Sidney says "How do you gut someone?" I can't find my soundtrack to check, but the rockish/alternative song could be "Whisper" by Catherine.

Were you describing either of these scenes? I'm not sure if I'd consider any of these pieces of music groovy, but they are cool. I especially like the score music, "Trouble in Woodsboro/Sidney's Lament". It has a haunting, girlish vocal melody. A few of the rock songs are good, too, and the ballad, "Don't Fear the Reaper," is beautiful.

I know you already checked this, but "Red Right Hand" by Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds is really funky. It uses all kinds of instruments: church bell, kettle drums, electric organ, a steel guitar. They do a creepy solo with the electric organ, and steel guitar right in the middle of the song. The last 1 1/2 minutes of the song is another solo. I remember they use clips from that song several times in the movie, but I don't have the DVD available to reference the part you're talking about...

Hopefully this will be helpful, if not good luck!

@nathanalways21:
*sigh* first of all, thank you for your help...
I listened at these two songs at amazon.com and it's unfortunally not that what
I meant :( I don't understand that, you described exactly the spot I meant.
Thus "trouble in Woodsboro" should be the right song... but that's not the case =/ ...
seems as if I have to see scream again, I guess *lol* ^__^

Originally posted by ad-rock@Aug 12 2005, 01:04 PM
I know you already checked this, but "Red Right Hand" by Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds is really funky. It uses all kinds of instruments: church bell, kettle drums, electric organ, a steel guitar. They do a creepy solo with the electric organ, and steel guitar right in the middle of the song. The last 1 1/2 minutes of the song is another solo. I remember they use clips from that song several times in the movie, but I don't have the DVD available to reference the part you're talking about...

Hopefully this will be helpful, if not good luck!
*grin* thank you, but that's unfortunally also not the song that I'm searchung
for... I know, it doesn't seem like it, but normally I'm the one helping others
to find songs they are searching for ^^

it starts at around 19minute mark of the movie, i have the movie, but i don't know the song.

Have not seen this movie in forever. Might it be Fuel's "Sunburn"? May have been one one of the later Scream movies and I have it mixed up.

I have the soundtrack so I'll paste it for you:

Youth of America Birdbrain
Whisper Catherine
Red Right Hand Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds
(Don't Fear) The Reaper Gus
Artificial World [Interdimensional Mix] Flow
Better Than Me Sister Machine Gun
Whisper to a Scream (Birds Fly) Soho
First Cool Hive Moby
Bitter Pill The Connells
School's Out The Last Hard Men
Original Motion Picture Score Marco Beltrami

Haven't seen the movie in awhile though, so you'll have to figure out wh/ one it is!

Back