CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME

hitomifan

Advanced Member
Reaction score
Ok my friend's birthday is Wednesday and I want to make him a cd. But it's not with with music, it's with a movie. A skateboard movie. I have know idea on how to make it into a dvd. I don't need any menus or chapters. I just wanna know how to take a movie and burn it to a cd. I have a dvd burner (I think) Is there a program I have to use to make a dvd? Oh I checked google, it didn't really help me. :(

what you're referring to would be a videa cd; it's a normal cd but the film on it can be played on a dvd player....i thought that, at high quality, you could fit half an hour on it or so...but i wouldnt know exactly *how* to do it...

Originally posted by Scythe@Jul 25 2005, 07:52 AM
what you're referring to would be a videa cd; it's a normal cd but the film on it can be played on a dvd player....i thought that, at high quality, you could fit half an hour on it or so...but i wouldnt know exactly *how* to do it...
Yeah a regular cd I bought at the store (20 cds for 10 bucks) Ummm it doesn't have to be at high quality, and you can fit 80 minutes and what I want to put on there is 40 minutes.

oh ok, but you jdut don't know how to? I hope someone can help me! :)

:) now's the time for Ravi to make a spectacular entrance and save the day

I made a movie once and all I did was right click the movie file, select Send To: Blank CD (F: ). Then in My Computer, click F: drive followed by "Write files to CD" or something to that effect. That's how it works on Windows XP. It works on the computer but I've never tried to play it on a DVD player.
You said you have 20 CDs, so if you're willing to experiment with one of them, you should give it a try and see if it plays on a DVD player. :)

Just tried it and it doesn't work. I think that just saves the files to the cd because when I put it back intot he computer it came up with the file.

What format is your original movie? (avi/mpg/mov/ra/rm)
How big is the movie? How long? How big is the file?
What burning software do you have?

I have this old machine. I think it's called a Vee Aychh Ess. How do I get it to stop flashing 12:00 am?

Originally posted by cultclassic@Jul 25 2005, 03:31 PM
What format is your original movie? (avi/mpg/mov/ra/rm)
How big is the movie? How long? How big is the file?
What burning software do you have?
wmv
146 mb
45 minutes
I used windows, but that doesn't do movies

Originally posted by hitomifan@Jul 25 2005, 09:10 PM
wmv
146 mb
45 minutes
wmv has to be converted to VCD-compatible mpeg.
i use WinAVI video converter. if the movie was small i could convert it for you, but
146 mb is too big. (the mpeg will be even bigger) WinAVI is $29, i don't know if they have a trial version.

burn the mpg to a CD. most DVD players have a file browser, and you just select the file and hit play.
OR
if you have Nero Burn, it can take that mpeg and burn it into a VCD which almost all DVD players can play.

We love you Ravi! See, you just show up every once in a while :( but then you always have the answers. :)

Originally posted by cultclassic+Jul 26 2005, 03:21 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cultclassic @ Jul 26 2005, 03:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hitomifan@Jul 25 2005, 09:10 PM
wmv
146 mb
45 minutes
wmv has to be converted to VCD-compatible mpeg.
i use WinAVI video converter. if the movie was small i could convert it for you, but
146 mb is too big. (the mpeg will be even bigger) WinAVI is $29, i don't know if they have a trial version.

burn the mpg to a CD. most DVD players have a file browser, and you just select the file and hit play.
OR
if you have Nero Burn, it can take that mpeg and burn it into a VCD which almost all DVD players can play. [/b][/quote]
check this link http://www.download.com and just type in winavi.

Back