Budweiser Select

Lmo

Advanced Member
Reaction score
I tried searching to find the background music on the new Budwiser Select commercial on this site but the search menu seems to be disabled. I don't know how many vairety budwiser select commercials there are because this was the first that I have seen. But it has a man talking and ends off where there is a party going on behing him.
If the wonderful people at this site can assist me, it would be greatly appreciated.

K seems like this is a hard one. If anyone has seen the commercial where a man is speaking and music is playing in the background I would greatly appreciate some assistance. I searched for a link but the site doesn't show this commercial it is fairly new. The song is sort of modern/pop. Really good music. Help me Please. :unsure:

I found the website, but I don't think the "House Party" one is yours, is it?

First off, thank you for replying. Unfortunately no it is not. I have seen the Budweiser commercial again today and this would be a better discription. I know if you all see it you would like it. It has a smooth guitar melody playing in the background. There is a man talking and the last few words he utters in the commercial are, " enjoy the taste be selective budweiser select. I know it is vague but this commercial is playing all the time. I checked out some sites but was unable to locate it. There are maybe two different scenes in the commercial and all the while that this man is talking, whom you are able to see, is this smooth guitar music playing its really really good. Thanks again Tamsin maybe together we can solve this.

is it the commercial where the beer is sliding down the counter?

Not that I can recall. In this commercial a man is talking but u can tell which commercial I am talking about because none of the others have just a guitar as the lead insturment playing in the background. The man is talking in the very end with the quatations from my previous reply, standing in front of a party on top of a building or something. Thanks for trying Jbar97. And help continue the search.

K I have seen the commercial again. The commercial basically talks about how the beer is made and then and the very end of it. The scene overlooks some city at night time and then captures a party going on at some mansion with a pool. anyone seen it? help me I am dying here. There is smooth guitar music playing in the background.

O.K. I guess everytime I here this commercial I will add a reply in hopes that someone might know. The smooth guitar music could sound like something from the group Coldplay but I am unsure as there is nothing vocal in the background.
This commercail is playing frequently and I know that people have heard it so help me if u can. thanks for reading.

Originally posted by Lmo@Aug 13 2005, 08:52 PM
O.K. I guess everytime I here this commercial I will add a reply in hopes that someone might know. The smooth guitar music could sound like something from the group Coldplay but I am unsure as there is nothing vocal in the background.
This commercail is playing frequently and I know that people have heard it so help me if u can. thanks for reading.
I've been wondering what song that is too because I've heard it before and may even have it on album, tape or CD somewhere. I'm thinking it's from the mid 80's from a Steve Lillywhite band like Simple Minds or Talk Talk.

I found this forum because I was searching for the music in this commercial!

Since nobody here knows the tune, I sent Anheuser-Busch customer relations an e-mail asking for it. Today, I got this reply that my question is working its way through the system:
Thank you for contacting Anheuser-Busch. We appreciate your interest in the catchy background music of our newest Bud Select commercial, “Slow Down.”

Your request has been forwarded to the appropriate department for handling. We should know more information in about 5-7 business days. In the meantime, please let us know if you have additional questions or comments.

Again, thank you for e-mailing Anheuser-Busch, and for your continued patience while we research your inquiry. We will contact you back as soon as we obtain more information.

Be selective this fall and drink Bud Select!
Thanks to dalig for posting the link to the ad - I included it in my e-mail. ;)

I'll post if/when I get the answer...

-SumBeach B)

Yayyyyyy :D. U have restored my faith in this site. I thought no one cared lol. That is precisely the song. I don't know who it is in the background but it is awesome is it not? K now all we need to do is put our heads together. Hope people listen to the link if they don't know what it sounds like. That way we can get more people interested :). I love this song. Thank you so much.

I have never heard music by Simple Minds or Talk Talk , gnuorder but if there music sounds anything like this commercial I am sure that they are great bands. Thank you for the suggestion gnuorder, and I will be sure to check them out . I love discovering new talent whether they are vintage or brand new. Also thanks Sumbeach for the letter to the site. I will w8 patiently. Don't forget us :D.

I just checked my e-mail for the weekend, and I found this from Friday from Anheuser-Busch:
Thank you for taking the time to visit www.budweiserselect.com and e-mail Anheuser-Busch.

We are happy to hear that you enjoy our latest Budweiser Select commercial, and the groove that drives it.

The ad is called “Slow Down” and featured August Busch IV. The song and lyrics were created by our in-house musicians while in studio working on the ad. As such, the song has no name, and is not available for purchase. We apologize for any disappointment this might cause.

Anheuser-Busch takes great pride in the creativity of our commercials, and we think it’s great that this spot struck a chord in you. Customer satisfaction is at the heart of our success, and our loyal friends are the reason we have the number one selling beer in the world.

As a True Music fan, we invite you to visit www.budweiser.com and click “Music” from the main site. You’ll gain access to interviews and bios from today’s hottest bands, watch a music video from our artist of the month, and even create and burn your own True Music Live CD made up of tracks you choose from the best local artists around the U.S. Enjoy!

Your kind words about the ad have been shared within our company. Again, thank you for contacting Anheuser-Busch about Budweiser's True Music! We appreciate hearing from friends, so please let us know if you have additional comments or questions.

Your Friends at Anheuser-Busch
So, sorry about the bad news that this isn't an available song. I guess a good song is a good song, no matter where you hear it!

Tip o' the cap to the in-house musicians who created it! And thanks to Bud for answering my question is just a few days.

-SumBeach B)

Well thanks SumBeach though this note struck a sad chord for me. :( . I guess I can hope that one day the song will be available for purchase. U never know lol . Well thanks again SumBeach. I thought that maybe u would have been the one to deliver the goods lol. But at least, I can rest easy. Take care and thanks to all who contributed to the search for the final answer of the budweiser select commercial.

I'm disappointed that turned out to be a dead end. I still know I've heard the song before or one almost like it. I remember it being an instrumental on an album. I almost think I have the album. I will return after I find a needle and start playing my old albums again and find it.

If u find it gnuorder I am all ears lol. U know I wouldn't doubt that there is a possibility that there may be an actual song and that the commercial did a remix. I think sometimes the representatives don't necessarily have all the facts behind the music. I haven't completely given up. Another forum I started before on the Propel fitness water was actually denied and then we later found out that there was an acutal group that wrote the song. I have heard the clip of it on cdnow.com. That made me think about responses from some of these companies as far as how accurate they may be with regards to original music content in their commercials. Help keep that flame burning gnuorder :). Make us all happy. Thanks for giving me more hope on the subject matter as well. It does sound much to refined to be for one commercial use.

Ok, Bud pulled the site I had posted, but I think I might have it figured out. From what I remember (and again, haven't seen it in awhile), I think it's the intro to "Somewhere I Belong" by Linkin Park. I was going to link to the clip on CDnow, but it pulls from the middle and doesn't play the beginning. For what it's worth....

Back