New Music, any suggestions?

Baldyz22

Reaction score
Hey! i signed up not to long ago and love this site. My music collections pretty decent, but i listen to it all so much, its getting alittle old. im looking for suggestions and reccomendations of great songs and BANDS

any sugggestions?

You should check out Brendan Benson! I love his music! He's got three albums out: One Mississippi, Lapalco, and The Alternative to Love. Even though they are all good, I would start with Lapalco!!

thanks for the help, there not exactly what im into, but there not to bad.

HEY ANYONE! feel free to give more suggestions of good music!!! :-D

Kenny wayne shepherd, allman brothers, acdc, bb king, eric clapton, cold play, deep purple, the eagles, joe walsh, rolling stones, elvis, everlast, frank sinatra, george thorogood, Guns n roses, interpol, the killers, lynard skynard, mick jaggar, moby, L.S.G, nirvana, pink floyd, ray charles, rod stewart, room full of blues, the strokes, the zutons, the wallflowers...thats pretty much what i listen too lately

Keane, Citizen Cope, Counting Crows, John Mayer, Audioslave, Jack Johnson, Oasis, Beck, Muse, The Postal Service, Snow Patrol, Elliott Smith

:lol: :lol: :lol: I should just lend you my laptop so you can do a straight file transfer. (A joke of course) **no file trading. forum rules.** Plus you ain't gettin' my old faithful laptop.

Stevie Ray Vaughn, Molly Hatchet, Dire Straits, Elvis Costello, George Benson,
Old 97's, Procol Harum, Remy Zero, Robert Cray, Robin Trower.

You've probably heard of most of them but I have no way to know so......... ;)

Leone: thanks, ill deff look into Beck, oasis, audioslave, and elliot smith. i actauly already have all the others, i just dont listen to them as much so i didnt list them. thanks though!

Givemefitz: haha, thanks so much, yeah iv herd of a bunch of those guys but i dont have their albums, ill look around for them in itunes. actualy my dad might end up having some of them, i grew up listening to that kinda Rock and Blues music.

yall been a big help, much appreciated!

Check this out -- a friend of mine got me hooked on this:

http://www.audioscrobbler.com

Put in the name of a band you like, and it'll show you what other people who like that band listen to.

You can download a plug-in for your favourite media player that spits what you listen to into a big-ass database. They crunch the data and recommend new artists based on what you listen to -- it's pretty darn cool. I've found a *lot* of cool new stuff this way.

I swear this isn't spam; I'm just spreading the gospel. ;)

Try: Keane, Dido, Maroon 5, Thievery Corporation, Five for Fighting, Peter Cincotti, Damien Rice, Vintage Chill, Jem, Rufus Wainwright (sp?), Fisher, Killerz, Franz Ferdinand, Diana Krall, Ani DiFranco, Aimee Mann, Pj Harvey, Depeche Mode, Morcheeba, Ben Folds, Eva Cassidy, Rachael Yamagata, Paul Oakenfold, Crystal method.

mmm...going on from your listing of frank sinatra and ray charles...

sarah vaughan, coleman hawkins, ben webster, peggy lee, nina simone, johnny hartman, john coltrane, etta james, anita o'day, astrud gilberto, stan getz, antonio carlos jobim, dusty springfield, shirley bassey, dinah washington...

and some other favorites of mine:

gotan project, bebel gilberto, m.ward, the flaming lips, cafe tacuba, the shins, everything but the girl, the arcade fire, de-phazz, son house, kevin o'donnell's quality six, eliane elias, portishead, dimitri from paris, astor piazzolla, smoke city, frou frou, royksopp, alicia keys, ted leo + pharmacists, massive attack, death cab for cutie, pink martini, the pharcyde, the roots, jill scott...etc.

andrew bird
andrew bird's bowl of fire

If you like rock music, try Linkin Park, Finch, Coheed and Cambria, Sugarcult, Breaking Point, Seether, System of a Down, Chevelle, and Emery. Those are just a few I can think of right now. Hope this helps!

As usual, I always have to plug my man Johnny Lang. :D And then there's my recently discovered new love.. Michael Buble :wub: On his new album, he does a great remake of Nina Simone's Feelin Good. That link will play a few of the songs on his new album but he also does great on a lot of the classics. ;)

check out a band called "Seven Nations" they are celtic rock music...excellent!!
bagpipes, fiddle, guitar and great vocals :D I LOVE THEM and hey...they are not too bad to look at either!

I mostly listen to Beck, Cake, Gorillaz, Chemical Brothers, Crystal Method, The Wiseguys, Basement Jaxx, and Moby.

Back