Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone

BandTrumpet7

Reaction score
It's been a while since I watched the movie, but I recently pulled out the soundtrack and realized a question I've been meaning to ask for some time, and figured I would ask it here.

In the film, there is a music cue that plays twice, once when Hagrid and Harry enter Diagon Alley, and the other when the first-year students enter the Great Hall for the first time. It's an interesting cue, and it's not on the soundtrack in any track to my knowledge (surprisingly, it's in neither of the cues titled "Diagon Alley" or "Entry into the Great Hall" :unsure: ).

It's a classic John Williams-esque cue, strings and brass, that consists of one higher note followed by two lower notes, only to be repeated and then variated later. The cue itself is short, roughly 30 - 45 seconds.

If anyone knows what I'm talking about, or knows what the cue is called, it would be greatly appreciated. (Just thinking about it gets the cue stuck in my head ! :) )

Thanks,
BT7

In Warner Bros. Presentation of Chris Columbus' film "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone", there is a scene where Harry and Hagrid take a walk through diagon alley. What is the musical cue that plays as the camera focuses such things as the owls and the bat clinging to the pole? Thanks so much:)

Back