Disney's Robin Hood

It's a real slow version of the Hamster Dance song -- I'm not sure if that song is taken from another one that you could have heard in the movie... But that's the same song.

You can listen to some audio samples of the "Hampster Dance Song" here. Various remixes also available.

I heard this song in some movie that I saw on tv a while ago, and then I heard it with my friend who said it was from the Disney Robin Hood movie, but I haven't found it on the soundtrack listings I've found. It's an acoustic song, with a man singing, and I'm pretty sure he whistles for part of it.. but anyway its just a mellow feelgood song and I really liked it!! Sorry I don't know any lyrics.. but I think someone will know what I'm talking about.

Originally posted by poke a dot@May 7 2005, 11:57 AM
I heard this song in some movie that I saw on tv a while ago, and then I heard it with my friend who said it was from the Disney Robin Hood movie, but I haven't found it on the soundtrack listings I've found. It's an acoustic song, with a man singing, and I'm pretty sure he whistles for part of it.. but anyway its just a mellow feelgood song and I really liked it!! Sorry I don't know any lyrics.. but I think someone will know what I'm talking about.
I'm Thinking Bryan Adams...(Everthing I Do) I Do It For You

Do you mean the animated "Robin Hood" with the animals? That's the only version that comes to mind by Disney.

There are two songs you might be talking about, each from the Disney Robin Hood soundtrack:

- "Oo-de-lally", where the guy sings about the introduction of the film.
- "Whistle Stop" where the guy whistles - the HampsterDance song is a faster techno version of this song, in case you want to know what it sounds like.

Hope this helps,
-BT7

i'm sure everyone's forgotten all about this post by now, but hopefully someone will come back to it. but to sort out the last question out, the OP was looking for oo-de-lally from the disney animated movie. i, on the other hand, am looking for the little tune that the character alan a dale sings about robin hood at the start of the live action version by disney. i've typed out the lyrics as best i could hear. he sings through out the movie with different lyrics that fit the current scene as well.

oh i sing a song
a rollicky song
as i roll along my way
with a hey-deurie-die
and a deurie-die-do
and a riddle-diddle dee day

off to the tale of robin hood
and of his merry men
his life you're not like to see
and all the world again
his bow was long, his arm was strong
and his heart was good and true

well did he fight, to gain the right
and so i pray may you

roughly in the middle of the movie, he sings more of the story of robin hood to a group including maid marian in disguise and then these lyrics later on- "and i'll come to thee/ i'll always find you/ no matter where you may be/ i'll always find you/ no matter where you may be"

i'm sure these are just snibits created just for the movie, but if anyone has info on his singing, it'll be great. i love his singing and would love to have recordings of it. thank you for any help you can provide.

vhs cover of the version i'm talking about

Originally posted by craziemutant@Nov 22 2007, 01:21 AM
roger miller sings the songs from the animated version. i'm not looking for those.
Sorry, I accidentally merged your thread with the animated Robin Hood thread, not live action. Will leave it here for the time being.

Back