VW Volkswagen

pascal411

Reaction score
There was a song used in a VW commercial about 7 - 8 years ago. I seem to remember it was done by some eutopian European music collective. It was a little techno, dance, ambiant-ish. It was a group of firends just driving around in their new car. Anyone remember? (It was not The Orb's Little Fluffy Clouds - it was something else).

Nick Drake "Pink Moon"? Audio sample track 1.

On second thought, probably not since that song isn't techno... Do you remember anything else about the ad?

Thanks Michelle. I recently heard the song again in the sequel to Bridget Jones. There's a scene where she does mushrooms and then is dancing around in a glittering ocean. The song sounds a bit like the opening of George Michael's Freedom.

I haven't seen the Bridget Jones sequel yet, so I'm guessing here. It's not Hooverphonic - 'Renaissance Affair', is it? I know that song was featured in an old VW ad about seven years ago. Drove me crazy finding that out then. :blink:

I believe JeffJenna is right. Trio sounds right. I know that the song is done in German. I believe it goes, "Du lich mich nicht, Du lich mich nicht, Da Da Da." Du lich micht nicht means "you don't love me." Forgive me if I'm wrong. My German is atrocious.

The song I am referring to is definitely used in a TV commercial. I hope it's the same one you have in mind.

Thank you all for your suggestions and for sharing your knowledge. Still haven't found it though (though I did find some other great music) and am now calling off the search. But all much appreciated.

David

Re: Old VW Commercial Music

There was a song used in a VW commercial about 7 - 8 years ago. I seem to remember it was done by some eutopian European music collective. It was a little techno, dance, ambiant-ish. It was a group of firends just driving around in their new car. Anyone remember? (It was not The Orb's Little Fluffy Clouds - it was something else).

Could it be

Back