Advertising

Status

Sponsored Links

The Canon commercial, I think it's a brand spot.....maybe dealing with copiers? Anyway, it's an old Carly Simon song and trying to figure out which one

Status

'Let the River Run'

Status

Hi,

Does anyone know who is singing on the Canon commercial (i'm seeing it regularly on CNN). The main lyrics are "Silver City Skies" (it's a short snippet).
    It sounds very much like Jon Anderson (originally of Yes) to me. Can anyone confirm this (perhaps, recognize it from his large body of work)?

Thanks

Status

I have seen a commercial on CNN in which Carly Simon is singing "Silver Cities Rise" but I do not know which company it's for. I suppose that John Anderson of YES and Carly Simon sound nothing alike but the coincidence of two similar commercials on CNN is weird. I happen to know that this particular track is from the Working Girl soundtrack (movie with Melanie Griffith). Are we talking about the same spot or am I full of it?

Status

anyone know the artist/title of the song in the canon commercial i see on cnn in the morning...i think it's an 80's song with the phrase 'the new jerusalem' (the word jerusalem is slow and stretched out) in the chorus.. THANKS!!

Status

With those lyrics, I would guess that it's Let The River Run by CARLY SIMON (Track 15).