Who's watching?

goodasgold

Pro Member
Reaction score
Well, NBC's "The Office" is going to be on Thursday. A sneak peek I think they've called it.

I've decided to watch it and my expectations are really low. So maybe I wil find it entertaining since my expectations are so low. There is no way this will be better than the original, but maybe it will still be a pretty decent show to watch.

Any one else going to tune in?

I will.. if nothing else to see who David Brent's counterpart is supposed to be. Is it Steve Corell? He's funny but not that same awkward embarassing kinda funny..

Yes, Steve Carell. Should be interesting to see how he portrays that boss.

I hope I'm not constantly thinking of David Brent because that will ruin the experience for me. I'm going to try and keep the comparisons to a minimum until the show is finished. But that might be hard to do.

bbc america will air the first season of the original on the 26th, i think... i'll be watching cause i guess i am the only one in the world who hasn't!!!!

Originally posted by bbrocks@Mar 22 2005, 10:29 AM
bbc america will air the first season of the original on the 26th, i think... i'll be watching cause i guess i am the only one in the world who hasn't!!!!
I envy whoever gets to watch it for the first time. There is nothing like the first time for anything. Three cheers for the first time. :)

*snuggles close to the first time*

*cherishes the first time*

:blush:

Originally posted by goodasgold@Mar 22 2005, 08:00 AM
Well, NBC's "The Office" is going to be on Thursday. A sneak peek I think they've called it.

I've decided to watch it and my expectations are really low. So maybe I wil find it entertaining since my expectations are so low. There is no way this will be better than the original, but maybe it will still be a pretty decent show to watch.

Any one else going to tune in?
:D I will be in Church....

Originally posted by goodasgold@Mar 22 2005, 10:09 PM
*snuggles close to the first time*

*cherishes the first time*

:blush:
*smacks the first time on the butt*

We'll be sure to give you a full report goldengloves.

OK so whadja think?

I was sorta disappointed that they like copied the ENTIRE script but.. iunno, I'll prolly still watch it.

The only counterpart I was ok with was the Tim character. He seemed pretty cool..

*grabs NBC's The Office and gives a gentle pat in the back*

It wasn't terrible and it wasn't great. Despite my attempts to not compare this to the original as I watched....I couldn't help it. At times I got the urge to watch the British version instead.

JCA told me they only stole the first episode, that the rest are supposed to be original scripts.

I thought it was okay... I didn't cringe while watching it either. I just don't know how well it will be received by the people who have no clue about the original, ya know?

Yeah I hear ya.. I'll have to see an original episode I think.

i loved 'tim'!!!!!! season 2 marathon next saturday! so they only made 2 seasons and the xmas special?!!!!
the american version moves to tuesday night..... 'Jim' is alright too!!!!

just saw the office... didn't laugh once. It's the poor man's arrested development.

Back