War of the Worlds

And does anyone know that song in the trailer sung by the person with the really pretty high pitched voice? It only played for a few seconds but I know I've heard it before somewhere.

Originally posted by drizzt_fan14@Mar 18 2005, 01:11 PM
And does anyone know that song in the trailer sung by the person with the really pretty high pitched voice?  It only played for a few seconds but I know I've heard it before somewhere.
I've heard it in many places in trailers AND movies themselves. But the very first place I heard that melody was in the movie End Of Days. It's the very first track on the 'Original Motion Picture Score' by John Debney called "End Of Days Main Title".

Link (with music sampler) > End Of Days

It was eating at me where I had heard it before. I knew it was a spooky film involving kids. Godsend, Hide and Seek. It hit me, its from Darkness Falls trailer

It's actually not from End of Days at all, that theme is a lot different, yet also similar.... that I can attest to. Where's it's from , I don't know yet but I'll keep checking my extensive collection.

Cheers.

The John Debney score is used for about 5 seconds when everyone is crowded around the part of the road where the lightning hit

Theres a 70% chance that the soft chorus at the start in from Hans Zimmers The Thin Red Line score. The score to The Thin Red Line is alot like that. Soft chorus and music from that movie was used in the first trailer to this film

The reason you hear that chorus all the time is becuase it's from a sample cd called "Symphony of Voices" it is used in production music tracks, End of Days score, and tons of other places... in the case of this trailer it's a prod. cue called "Nowhere to Run" by Klaus Badelt (it's on the directors cut "Suspense" disc available through Extreme Music)

Originally posted by drizzt_fan14@Mar 18 2005, 01:11 PM
And does anyone know that song in the trailer sung by the person with the really pretty high pitched voice? It only played for a few seconds but I know I've heard it before somewhere.
I know this one!

It's a track from Apollo Four Forty called "Stealth Mass in F#M"
iTunes Music Store direct link

Apollo Four Forty has written a lot of music that's been used in commercials. They're also responsible for the revived themes to the Charlie's Angels and Lost in Space movies.

The second one (as the WOTW title appears) is 'The Way Of The Sword' from The Last Samurai. the last one is from King Arthur, I'm not sure which exact track though.

That trailer is awesome!
"Nothing can touch them"

I don't think its The Last Samurai or King Arthur. I have both and that chorus doesn't sound like either.

Garethwilliams is right. The last track is definitely from the score of King Arthur - 'Hold The Ice'.

Just realised the OP meant the first one (from the start until the lightning scene), which I have no idea about. It sounds familiar though, possibly something by Thomas Newman, or maybe Hans Zimmer seeing as the other music is by him.

It definitely uses Last Samurai and King Arthur music later on though.

Well looks like there is several pieces of music used for the trailers. Here is the list:

"Subterfuge 2" - Immediate Music - Teaser #2
"Psycho Path" - Brand X - Teaser #1
The Thin Red Line (1998) - Hans Zimmer - Teaser #1
"With Great Power" - Immediate Music - Teaser #2
Narc - Cliff Martinez - Teaser #2
Nowhere to Run" - Klaus Badelt - Teaser #2
Solaris - Cliff Martinez - Teaser #2

I'm not 100% without checking my files but I am sure the "song heard in every..." might be the Immediate Music track. I will take a listen and either edit or repost my findings.

the man is right....X-Ray Dog - Gothic Power off their CD#4 Shut Up And Listen

does anyone know the music in this teaser:

WotW Teaser #3

It sounds really amazing, very...Spieldberg.

It's the music after Cruise says "Rachel!"

Sorry stress cant help board Nazi have been pressured by Music communists so we will have to leave your question in limbo. Besides the information provided above that I guess is legal you will then have to use google on your own to find anything more about "said companies / individuals" do enjoy though and have a nice day. :D

Back