Pantene Pro-V Expressions

erin

Reaction score
Does anyone know the song used in the latest Pantene commercial? It sounds so familiar - I know it's off a Hed Kandi compliation, possibly a Winter Chill? Any help would be appreicated. Thanks! -Erin

NO, it's not that Groove Armada song! It is woman vocalistic, but vocals have been cut from the song track.

It is "Hayling" by FC Kahuna, released at end of 2002. It is on import of Es Vive Ibiza 2003.

hey guys, ive known 'hayling' for a few years, and either the pantene commercial's version is a new mix, or its a different song, it sounds totally dissimilar to me.

-d

I was looking for the song in that Pantene Pro-V commercial, and i came acrossed this site. It said that it was by FC Kahuna, and the song is called "Hayling" BUT I love FC Kahuna...it sounds ALMOST like that song...but its not...its different from Hayling. So what is it really? I have a link to what the commercial song is:

http://www.pantene.com/en_US/expressions/?...questid=1769664

Please help me!

Their website is using a short repeating loop of a portion of "Hayling." It sounds exactly like the same song to me. :unsure:

its not though...really, its not. If you pay a little more attention...it is different. (im not saying this mean or anything)...its just that, FC Kahuna is one of my fav bands, and "hayling" is my favorite song by them...there is a difference. I think it may be FC Kahuna...but its not any of the songs i have of them.

Maybe you should contact the Pantene site's webmaster. I played the two songs side by side (the MP3 and the website) and they matched, and then got a second opinion from the other site admin who confirmed. Am I missing something?

The song in the TV commercial IS definitely "Hayling." (others on this site have confirmed it as well.) The song on the website that you pointed to is a short loop of something that sounds exactly like "Hayling." It's possible the website's version is slowed down just a tad and sounds slightly off.

Are you saying the song in the ad is not "Hayling" or just the loop on the Pantene website?

hehe Ok, im saying that the song on the ad is NOT Hayling. Unless it is a mix of Hayling or something. It is different, i played the two songs for a few other people and they say it is different as well. It does sound alot like it, but its not.
Sigh..i think we both will never agree:) So I guess we should just leave it at that. As for me Im going to keep on looking for the song/mix. Thanks for your help though!

I have to agree with Michelle. I stream recorded a sample of the music from the website, and a sample clip from the song. Seems like the Pantene one has been slowed down quite a bit, but they do sound similar.

Yep, it's got to be the song. Maybe a different version/remix/whatever.

I saw commericals for Pantene Pro-V Expressions shampoo and conditioner for Blondes, Redheads, and Brunettes. There is a dark look to the commercials, and song is electro downtempo...

Here is a link to the Pantene Pro-V Expressions homepage: http://www.pantene.com/en_US/expressions/?...uestid=42949261

This link will bring you to the Pantene Pro-V Expressions homepage. In the background [with the music enabled; down to bottom-right corner], the song that is in the commercial will be playing. The song is playing in the "Intro" to the this page, as well as on the page itself. The page has a black background.
>>To view the site, you must have a Flash plug-in.

Any info on this song would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Topics merged.

Much to my surprise, FC Kahuna didn't do the song. Pantene hired an outside source to immitate the song. I was contacted by FC Kahuna's record label and they confirmed this. You can check our updated weblog post for more info.

The "version" heard in the ad and on the website is not available for purchase, but trust me, "Hayling" sounds exactly the same. Good rip-off in the ad. <_<

its not the groove armada song. has a woman's voice singing. anybody know?

I have the FC Kahuna song already from looong ago. It's similar to the one I'm asking for, but somehow it's not the same. Thanx for the help though. Much appreciated!

Your answer is in the other thread too.
Originally posted by michelle@May 11 2005, 02:15 AM
Much to my surprise, FC Kahuna didn't do the song. Pantene hired an outside source to immitate the song. The "version" heard in the ad and on the website is not available for purchase, but trust me, "Hayling" sounds exactly the same. Good rip-off in the ad. <_<

Back