Grey's Anatomy Season 1

xpinkagex

Reaction score
I love the song playng during the commerical of "gray's anatomy" which is the new show coming on ABC i guess, if anyone has heard it, the song in it is awesome, does anyone know what it is? thanks!

Postal Service - Such Great Heights in one ad and Solsbury Hill - Peter Gabriel in another ad.

Originally posted by halo00@Feb 27 2005, 08:40 PM
Postal Service - Such Great Heights in one ad and Solsbury Hill - Peter Gabriel in another ad.
"Such Great Heights" available on the Postal Service album "Give Up." Also from .

"Solsbury Hill" available on the album "16 Golden Greats." From .

does anybody know the title of the song played during the promo for the new ABC series "grey's anatomy?" there are 2 different songs used, and i think one is a remake of an old song, but i can't remember the title or artist. can anyone help me please!?!?! thanks!

Likely the oldest song you refer to is Peter Gabriel's "Solsbury Hill". And it sounds like the original to me, not a cover.

The other, techno pop track. I don't know but I really want to.

And the other one is The Postal Service's "Such Great Heights" -- which explains the whole vocals sounding like Death Cab For Cutie thing.

thanks so much. the postal service song was actually the one i was looking for.

Im looking for the names of the songs that they have been using on the ads for
Gray's Anatomy ...especially the extended spot

Thanks hope someone can help

Does anyone know the song that's playing in ABC's Grey's Anatomy commercial? I've only seen the commercial a few times, and I know I've heard the song but can't quite place it.

I live in New England where ABC is getting ready to premier Grey's Anatomy. The commercial features a great alternative tune, but I can't figure out who or what it is. Not sure if it will be the actual tv theme song, but it's used in the premier ad. Thanks!

Originally posted by Jenlegs@Mar 21 2005, 11:09 AM
I live in New England where ABC is getting ready to premier Grey's Anatomy. The commercial features a great alternative tune, but I can't figure out who or what it is. Not sure if it will be the actual tv theme song, but it's used in the premier ad. Thanks!

its "such great heights" by postal service
a band composed of Ben Gibbards of Death Cab for Cutie fame, Jimmy Tamborello of Dntel and the backing vocals of Jenny Lewis and Jen Wood
their album "give up" was out a couple of years ago, its amazing and i highly recommend it for you to give a listen to
other amazing tracks are the district sleeps alone, nothing better ( my personal favorite) clark gable, brand new colony, we will become silhouettes.

also, there is a cover of that song by the band iron and wine on the garden state soundtrack. thats a great version also

hope that helps

Sorry, I'm new here, and maybe this question has already been answered, but what's the name of the Gray's Anatomy promo commercial song? If you could help me, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Is anyone keeping track of the music used during the show, so far 2 episodes (like in the Cold Case thread)? There is some great music being played -- some I know, but others I've not heard before.

And yes I did search the site for Gray's Anatomy and found this thread and one other, but neither answered my question.

Thanks.

Back