SBC Eric Clapton

TheDevil

Reaction score
Does anyone know the song plays in the background of SBC's commercial ? its an "oldies song", I would say 80's mid 80's, I would call it a classic.

could it be moby's song called we are all made of stars? if not use the search feature at the bottom and type sbc with and underscore at the beginning (_) hope this helps

Hey, y'all.

My first post for a commercial I just saw. It's from SBC, and it's a young guy trying to learn the guitar, and he's got an older guy (his butler, maybe?) checking on the Net for guitar chords.

The song...I've heard it at least twice before, even though I only hear the guitar riff on the ad. I'm sure it's got the words "Got me on my knees, baby" in the lyrics; but searching by those lyrics on Google didn't come with anything satisfactory.

Any help y'all can provide would be great. Thanks!

No its not that, this song is not a classic, the one Im talking about is a classic.

If you are referring to the one where the couple is getting ready to go out and shes in the closet looking for a dress and he is playing with his laptop over and over playing..."its late in the evening and shes wondering what to wear"

I cant think of what song it is either...but at least someone has more info to use in case they know.

I have only seen it on the Food Network channel.

Eric Clapton - Layla
Letssingit.com is a good search place if you know the lyrics.
BTW the reason google didn't find it was that it's "Got me on my knees, Layla" Just a heads up ;)

Nope, not it ....
The song I heard in the commercial was some very very known song from the mid/late 80's, it has guitar sound in it.

Originally posted by michelle@Feb 5 2005, 10:29 AM
Is it the same song being discussed in this other thread? Eric Clapton's "Layla"? Audio sample available through second link, track 5.
Its not Eric Clapton period, so no.
It has nice guitar tunes taken from a very popular song back then (80's).

anyone know that song for the sbc dsl i believe. About a woman picking which clothes to wear and her husband playing the song over and over

thanks in advance!

Hi there
Could you add more information about the ad? - its no help just saying its an 80's popular tune - on last count, there were ~10000 popular tunes in the 80s.! :huh:

Tell us what happens in the ad. Are you referring to the ad about "grade school math"? I think it had a 60ish kind of tune in it. If so, I still am looking for the answer (Search for that field with "_sbc" in the search thread - don't forget the underscore before sbc).

The other SBC Yahoo! ads that I have been seeing lately on TV are the one that have been already answered - Eric Clapton's "Layla" and "Wonderful tonight". But as you said, these aren't the one you are looking for.

Originally posted by TheDevil+Feb 5 2005, 06:13 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheDevil @ Feb 5 2005, 06:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-michelle@Feb 5 2005, 10:29 AM
Is it the same song being discussed in this other thread? Eric Clapton's "Layla"? Audio sample available through second link, track 5.
Its not Eric Clapton period, so no.
It has nice guitar tunes taken from a very popular song back then (80's).[/b][/quote]
I have to agree with Michelle. I'm sure it's "Layla," but you have to listen to the original version from the late 70's...not the 80's "unplugged" version. Here's a link to the original. It happens to be Track 5 on this album too. And what do you mean "not Eric Clapton period?" The guy has been playing for over 30 years! :huh:

Originally posted by Stoke@Feb 5 2005, 10:01 AM
Eric Clapton - Layla
Letssingit.com is a good search place if you know the lyrics.
BTW the reason google didn't find it was that it's "Got me on my knees, Layla" Just a heads up ;)
Heh-heh...yeah, I realized that some time later. Thanks for the tip!

You guys are right, its Clapton, my bad.
Thanks alot peeps, you never disappoint.

SBC has this commercial for a new motorola cell phone or something and the guy is downloading music videos on an elevator and they play this Eric Clapton song that i have been trying to find for ever, but had no example to post about till now, if anyone knows this song id greatly appricate it, its also one of Claptons main stream songs, just to help you out

Back