Special K walking down beach

drewsky

Reaction score
This is a commercial for Special K...has a woman walking on the beach...the song is 'Girl From Ipanema' but was wondering if anyone could tell me whose version it is...it's a woman with a soft voice singing the song. Thanks for any help!

Wanted to add that this is Kellogg's Special K cereal

Haha, I'm laughing at myself. Whenever I post on here I always end up answering my own question...I found out it's Bebel Gilberto's version of Girl From Ipanema in case anyone else was wondering but Sarah Vaughan also does a version that's good, too.

Originally posted by drewsky@Feb 1 2005, 12:15 PM
I found out it's Bebel Gilberto's version of Girl From Ipanema in case anyone else was wondering...

Have you ever heard Joao Gilberto and Stan Getz's version? It has Astrud Gilberto on vocals. Here's (Track 9) a link to the song. I suppose Bebel is Joao & Astrud Gilberto's daughter? I hadn't heard of her before...

:whistle: Now I can't get it out of my head!

I have no idea if she's the daughter...but I liked that song, thanks for the link.

hi, i saw the commercial today and yes, bebel is his daughter. however, i think it's the original version sung by her mother, astrud gliberto. i'm pretty positive it's "girl from ipanema" sung by astrud gilberto with stan getz.

I finally saw this commercial today. It's definitely the Stan Getz/Joao Gilberto version (with Astrud Gilberto on vocals) that I linked to above. :peace:

There is this commercial with a girl walking the beach and the song Girl From Ipanema is playing, does anyone know the name of the female artist who is singing it
ive heard male versions but i like the female one better. thanks

Hi everyone,

I'm a new member and I don't know if this topic has come up already but a few weeks ago I kept seeing this commercial and it came on like 3 times in a half-hour period and I found myself entranced by the song which I believe is "The Girl from Ipanema." It's featured in an ad for Special K cereal and in it an attractive dark-haired woman is walking along a beach wearing a white bikini with a red sarong wrapped around her waist which she later takes off and lets blow in the wind.

My problem is that after doing research on the title of the song I found that the original version is sung by a man. So I was trying to find out who the woman is singing the song in the ad and where you can find her version if that's the case. The sound is kinda like elevator music but very pretty and the woman has an accent.

Hi, I am trying to figure out the music/song that is playing during the new special k commericial by kelloggs. This commercial just came out, I see it on tv all the time march 2005. There is a tan woman walking down the beach and there is music playing in the background. What is this song? Please someone help me?!! thank you

Hi. I'm new here. My husband got the Special K song (the commercial with the woman getting into her jeans) stuck in his head. We couldn't find the name so he called Kellogg's and they said it's "Better Now" by Collective Soul.

Back