Best Buy Black Eyed Peas

kritty180

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it was best buy...

There was a guy on the bus listening to his iPod. The Black Eyed Peas were performing around him (kind of a lame commercial aside from the music). I think they were sampling the song "Misirlou" by Dick Dale & His Del-Tones (which can be found on the Pulp Fiction soundtrack).

I searched first! I swear!

Anyone know the name of the Black Eyed Peas song that is featured in the Best Buy commercial whose tagline is "you can control the Black Eyed Peas"? (The commercial shows a best buy employee around what is presumably his house, lounging by the pool (pressing the volume button and making the Peas grow larger, among other scenes)

Many thanks for your help

-B

Could be one of these:

Let's Get it Started

or

Hey Mama

But another mistake could be made. I used to think Ozomatli sounded really similar to Black Eyed Peas and it could be Ozomatli - Saturday Night. Hope this helps any. Lata :D

It's definitely the BEP, b/c they are featured in the commercial. It's not any of their current or past hits (Hey Mama, Shut Up, The Boogie That Be, etc), I think it sounds like the song "Hands Up" off of their "Elephunk" cd. I've only seen the commercial once, so I can't be positive. Let me know. :)

Hey everybody,

Thanks for all the good ideas/suggestions. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to be "Hands Up," "Hey Mama" sounds close... but not quite right, either.

The search goes on!

I thought the song had a middle-eastern flair in the beat... I don't think its Hands Up... Though I may be mistaken...

Can anyone get on and help?

Thanks! :D

Hey all, Im a big fan of BEP and none of their current songs is it, I believe its a new song, cause they are releasing a new album soon....the song sounds great, can't wait to hear more :D

Megan, I wasn't trying to take the credit, I just saw your post and made a link to their album for quick reference for the post creator. Sry if it looked bad :p

Hey, I found these 3 songs off the game "The Urbz: Sims in the City" by the Black Eyed Peas and wondered if one of them is the one your looking for. Search on iTunes for the soundtrack, hope it helps.

Wow, JCA -- amazing find! You're really scouring the 'net!

Unfortunately, no luck with a match. I'm with rokbtm - it's likely a soon-to-be-released track.

Still, amazing effort. Thanks!

Ah ok :p Well can't wait til' the album is released, I like their current one alot.

Has anyone checked the official BEP website or a fan site to see if anything's been mentioned about the ad and/or song?

Originally posted by JCA0688@Jan 18 2005, 09:56 PM
Megan, I wasn't trying to take the credit, I just saw your post and made a link to their album for quick reference for the post creator. Sry if it looked bad :p
oh NOOO, that's not what I was thinking! :D I was just saying it, lol. Oops, wow, I sounded like a bi-atch, huh? :(

I think the song is called "BEP Empire" and it's from their 2000 record called "Bridging the Gap".

I just saw the commercial and the lyrics I heard on it match Wyclef Jean's "Fresh Interlude." They sing "F R E S H, fresh, fresh..." Think the BEP may have done a remake of it for that commercial?

LRLee

Back